Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have got a couple of questions with regards to my candidature with regards to Visa 189/190.

I am applying for 261112 (Systems Analyst). I have got the Skills Assessment done through ACS and through the assessment information, I have the following points calculated :

Education - Degree Assessed as equivalent to AQF Degree, with Minor in Computing. - 15 Points.
Work Experience : Work accessed as Suitable after November 2011. ( This gives me 3 years+ Work Ex) - 5 Points.

Total - 50 Points.

Now, The Questions :

1. As I understand, Occupation Ceiling for 261112 for this year has already been reached.

1a) Is it allowed to lodge an EOI say today or tomorrow if i gather 60 or more than 60 points for the same occupation code for this year. I understand i will not be invited for this year intake but is it allowed to apply for EOI?

1b) If I lodge an EOI with 60 or more than 60 Points today for the same occupation, and the occupation is still on the SOL in July , will I get a priority in getting an invite If I apply now?what is the usual timeline expected for a 60 pointer to get an invite for a fresh season? I will turn 33 in October so is it possible to get an invite before that so that i can claim 30 points?

2. I can see that State nomination is open for VIC and NSW for this year. Does it make sense to apply for state nomination now. I would be interested in Vic more than anything else, is the state more open in sending invites?

3. for the Balance 10 Points, I have IELTS General , with Scores as L9,R8.5,S8,W6.5 (O8) :(. i think I will get 0 points for this. Wanted to ask if IELTS General is the mandate for applying for EOI. I understand that PTE -A is also accepted now but what about if I have a valid score for IELTS Academic. Does the system accept IELTS Academic if IELTS is selected for this Skill Code?

Thanking all in Anticipation.

Regards,
Tarun

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi All,

I have got a couple of questions with regards to my candidature with regards to Visa 189/190.

I am applying for 261112 (Systems Analyst). I have got the Skills Assessment done through ACS and through the assessment information, I have the following points calculated :

Education - Degree Assessed as equivalent to AQF Degree, with Minor in Computing. - 15 Points.
Work Experience : Work accessed as Suitable after November 2011. ( This gives me 3 years+ Work Ex) - 5 Points.

Total - 50 Points.

Now, The Questions :

1. As I understand, Occupation Ceiling for 261112 for this year has already been reached.

1a) Is it allowed to lodge an EOI say today or tomorrow if i gather 60 or more than 60 points for the same occupation code for this year. I understand i will not be invited for this year intake but is it allowed to apply for EOI?

1b) If I lodge an EOI with 60 or more than 60 Points today for the same occupation, and the occupation is still on the SOL in July , will I get a priority in getting an invite If I apply now?what is the usual timeline expected for a 60 pointer to get an invite for a fresh season? I will turn 33 in October so is it possible to get an invite before that so that i can claim 30 points?

2. I can see that State nomination is open for VIC and NSW for this year. Does it make sense to apply for state nomination now. I would be interested in Vic more than anything else, is the state more open in sending invites?

3. for the Balance 10 Points, I have IELTS General , with Scores as L9,R8.5,S8,W6.5 (O8) :(. i think I will get 0 points for this. Wanted to ask if IELTS General is the mandate for applying for EOI. I understand that PTE -A is also accepted now but what about if I have a valid score for IELTS Academic. Does the system accept IELTS Academic if IELTS is selected for this Skill Code?

Thanking all in Anticipation.

Regards,
Tarun
1. With 50 points as of now, you won't be able to finish the EOI and reach to the last stage to Submit it. You need at least 60 points to do that.

1a) If you have 60+, then yes- you can file the EOI. It will stay dormant until the occupation opens up in July.

1b) There isn't any "priority". The general selection process will follow. This occupation was closed sometime in Jan or Feb this year. So, there would be applicants since then before you. They (and those with higher points than you) would get invited first before you.

2. No idea about state nominations, but you can check the state specific threads on this forum. From what I know, especially about VIC- at least at this point in time, although they are open, they are very choosy in selecting whom they invite. Since you are from ICT, most probably, they would reject your application (but I am not sure about the latest trend. Check the VIC specific forum thread for latest happenings). I think they also have IELTS 7+ in each module as a prerequisite.

3. From what I know, for 189/ 190 + ACS, it has to be IELTS General. PTE-A and some other tests are also acceptable. This page should give you more details about the requirement: Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) document checklist

1 - 2 of 2 Posts