Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,

I have submitted my visa application on 28 Nov. I am planning to arrange my medicals next week. I have following questions:

1. What is the approx. cost of health examination per person? My 1 year old daughter and wife are the secondary applicants. I will get my medicals done in Chandigarh, India.

2. I recently had a blood test and the report shows my platelets count is 6,27,000/Cumm. The normal range shown in the report is 1,40,000 - 4,40,000. My RBC count is 5.77 million/cumm. its normal range is between 3.5 to 5.2 million/cumm. Do you know if I can get into any trouble with these values? However, I never had any physical problem and recently I donated my platelets with these test values.

3. Do they give you a copy of medical report before uploading or tell you when they'll upload the test results?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi sunilnanda,

1. I'm not from India but these are the fees in Australia. You can also just call your clinic and ask what they are charging - that's what we did when we went in Austria ;).

2. The platelets count is not mentioned in the Panel Doctors Guidelines, so that should not be an issue (I think). However, in your own interest, you should talk to your doctor about possible causes and if treatment is available/required. In some (but as I understand very rare) cases the overproduction of platelets can evolve into leukemia. You'd want to get this checked, independent of your visa plans.

3. Not automatically, but the doctors may tell you the results or issue a duplicate record. You'll have to ask for it, though.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hello Friends,

I have submitted my visa application on 28 Nov. I am planning to arrange my medicals next week. I have following questions:

1. What is the approx. cost of health examination per person? My 1 year old daughter and wife are the secondary applicants. I will get my medicals done in Chandigarh, India.

2. I recently had a blood test and the report shows my platelets count is 6,27,000/Cumm. The normal range shown in the report is 1,40,000 - 4,40,000. My RBC count is 5.77 million/cumm. its normal range is between 3.5 to 5.2 million/cumm. Do you know if I can get into any trouble with these values? However, I never had any physical problem and recently I donated my platelets with these test values.

3. Do they give you a copy of medical report before uploading or tell you when they'll upload the test results?

Thanks,
They will not provide you with a copy of the report even if you ask. They will however let you know if there's anything wrong - they're required to do that for your own health.

Platelet counts are not an issue.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
They are probably not sure if they are allowed to provide a copy. They may not give completed or incomplete original work to third parties, so they cannot hand the forms to the patient. Copies are perfectly fine, though, according to the Panel Doctors FAQ:

The applicant wants a copy of their file. Should I give it to them?
Upon request, you can provide an applicant with copies of any forms, diagnostic reports or test results without permission from the department.

When an applicant completes the form and gives it to a panel physician or clinic the information becomes the property of the Commonwealth of Australia. Therefore, send the original Forms 26/160 and test results directly to the department.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Thy are probably not sure if they are allowed to provide a copy. They may not give completed or incomplete original work to third parties, so they cannot hand the forms to the patient. Copies are perfectly fine, though, according to the Panel Doctors FAQ:
This must be a relatively new thing then, because previously this was not possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts