Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am applying for ILR very soon. I have completed most of the application but have compiled a list of the questions I still have.

During my 5 years with FLR(M) I was away from the UK twice for long periods of time because my mother had cancer. When I applied for my second FLR, 30 months ago, I mentioned the first of this absences and my application was approved without problems. My second absence took place in 2015/2016. This was a much longer absence because when I went to see my mother the plan was just to spend a few months there and my husband was going to join me at the end of the year to spend the Christmas holidays there and we would come back to the UK together in January. Unfortunately my mother deteriorated and I extended my stay when it was obvious that she was going to pass away (my husband did return to the UK in January as originally planned). After she passed away I decided to stay another while to be there for my father who back then was already in the early to mid-stages of Alzheimer's. So as a result I was away for just over 5 months.

This brings me to my first two questions:

• In question 2.13 Have you lived with your partner permanently in the UK since being granted temporary leave as a partner?, I responded last time by ticking the Yes option buy I still wrote a comment where it says to provide details of any periods not lived with my husband that I was away for 3 months visiting my parents because my mother had cancer. The FLR form had plenty of space for a lengthy explanation. On the SET form however there is only one line so if I wanted to do as before it would not be enough space to explain my last absence. Do you recommend I write this elsewhere? Maybe on my list of absences or maybe in a covering letter (although I have never included a covering letter in the past and I rather avoid doing it again this time)?

• In Section 7 - Previous addresses (past 2 years), do I need to include my parents address abroad? I didn't actually move there even though I was away for 5 months but wonder if they would still want this information.

• 9.13 asks how long I have lived in the UK. I came here about 8-9 years with a student visa. The next question asks to provide details of all absences during that time (referring to the previous answer). Does this mean I have to provide details for the whole 8-9 years? I am worried that if I only give details for the last 5 years it might be deemed an unsatisfactory answer.

• In Section 12 - Finances Documents, If I tick the option for bank statements / payslips, do I also need to tick the Specified Evidence option?

• In my FLR applications I included my British post-graduate degree diploma to prove I meet the language requirement. As I understand it I do not have to send it again this time. However, in Section 12 Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK, it says: You must provide the following: A relevant speaking and listening qualification, and I am meant to tick that box. So this makes me think I still have to send the diploma. Any thoughts on this? Ticking that box means I do need to send the diploma again?

• If I sent my marriage certificate for my FLR, I do not need to send it again this time, correct? And I should therefore leave 12 C unticked, correct?

• As evidence of continuous residence in the UK and also evidence of cohabitation with my husband I plan to send my tenancy agreements. The most recent one I have is in electronic format (it was filled electronically) and I plan to print it. Do I need to include a letter from the letting agency confirming it is authentic?

• A few of our bills are electronic now. Do I need to get a letter from whoever issued them saying they are authentic too?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am applying for ILR very soon. I have completed most of the application but have compiled a list of the questions I still have.

During my 5 years with FLR(M) I was away from the UK twice for long periods of time because my mother had cancer. When I applied for my second FLR, 30 months ago, I mentioned the first of this absences and my application was approved without problems. My second absence took place in 2015/2016. This was a much longer absence because when I went to see my mother the plan was just to spend a few months there and my husband was going to join me at the end of the year to spend the Christmas holidays there and we would come back to the UK together in January. Unfortunately my mother deteriorated and I extended my stay when it was obvious that she was going to pass away (my husband did return to the UK in January as originally planned). After she passed away I decided to stay another while to be there for my father who back then was already in the early to mid-stages of Alzheimer's. So as a result I was away for just over 5 months.

This brings me to my first two questions:

• In question 2.13 Have you lived with your partner permanently in the UK since being granted temporary leave as a partner?, I responded last time by ticking the Yes option buy I still wrote a comment where it says to provide details of any periods not lived with my husband that I was away for 3 months visiting my parents because my mother had cancer. The FLR form had plenty of space for a lengthy explanation. On the SET form however there is only one line so if I wanted to do as before it would not be enough space to explain my last absence. Do you recommend I write this elsewhere? Maybe on my list of absences or maybe in a covering letter (although I have never included a covering letter in the past and I rather avoid doing it again this time)?

• In Section 7 - Previous addresses (past 2 years), do I need to include my parents address abroad? I didn't actually move there even though I was away for 5 months but wonder if they would still want this information.

• 9.13 asks how long I have lived in the UK. I came here about 8-9 years with a student visa. The next question asks to provide details of all absences during that time (referring to the previous answer). Does this mean I have to provide details for the whole 8-9 years? I am worried that if I only give details for the last 5 years it might be deemed an unsatisfactory answer.

• In Section 12 - Finances Documents, If I tick the option for bank statements / payslips, do I also need to tick the Specified Evidence option?

• In my FLR applications I included my British post-graduate degree diploma to prove I meet the language requirement. As I understand it I do not have to send it again this time. However, in Section 12 Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK, it says: You must provide the following: A relevant speaking and listening qualification, and I am meant to tick that box. So this makes me think I still have to send the diploma. Any thoughts on this? Ticking that box means I do need to send the diploma again?

• If I sent my marriage certificate for my FLR, I do not need to send it again this time, correct? And I should therefore leave 12 C unticked, correct?

• As evidence of continuous residence in the UK and also evidence of cohabitation with my husband I plan to send my tenancy agreements. The most recent one I have is in electronic format (it was filled electronically) and I plan to print it. Do I need to include a letter from the letting agency confirming it is authentic?

• A few of our bills are electronic now. Do I need to get a letter from whoever issued them saying they are authentic too?
heya,

i know your question is a couple months old, I wondered if you ever got answers to some of your questions, mainly,

i also wonder if you put your parents address in the end? we had a 2 week gap between our rented flat and buying our house where we stayed in a friends spare room, shes written me a letter so i assume i just note the dates in the address list in section 7.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts