Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

Here are some of my personal info:

IELTS Score: 7.5/7.5/7.5/7 (10 points)
Education: Degree (15 points)
State Nomination: 5 points
Skill Assessment: 233211 (Civil Engineer)
Applying 190 Visa

I have some questions regarding 190 visa:

1. For VIC state nomination, they require min. 2 years exp, I will have my 2 years exp by next month but my skill assessment was done on Apr. Will that affect my application because the skill assessment shows only 1 yr and 10 months exp.

2. Currently applying NSW nomination, EOI submitted on 4th May, roughly how long it takes to receive the invitation?

3. If the 190 visa is granted, do I have to go Australia immediately? or is there any time limit for first entry? Because I understand that I have to stay in that state for 2 years. How do they count the starting time?

Thank you.

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Dear all,

Applying 190 Visa

1. For VIC state nomination, they require min. 2 years exp, I will have my 2 years exp by next month but my skill assessment was done on Apr. Will that affect my application because the skill assessment shows only 1 yr and 10 months exp.

2. Currently applying NSW nomination, EOI submitted on 4th May, roughly how long it takes to receive the invitation?

3. If the 190 visa is granted, do I have to go Australia immediately? or is there any time limit for first entry? Because I understand that I have to stay in that state for 2 years. How do they count the starting time?

Thank you.
1. If you are continuing in the same job, designation company and role as you were when you got your skills assessed , then you can continue to take points for experience.
So by June you will have the required 2 years experience

2. Nobody can say how much time they will take.

3. When you get the PR, you will get a Initial Entry date before which you have to enter Australia to validate the same
You will have to live and work in the state for 2 years from the date you first enter after getting the PR

Cheers

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Dear all,

Applying 190 Visa

Thank you.
1. if you are in same role, same organization then leave the end date of current employment as blank, even though you wont be able to claim any experience points with 2 year work exp but you will be able to meet the Vic criteria

2. state nominations are unpredictable,

3. there is a IED(initial entry date) calculated based on pcc/medicals, you have to make at least one entry before that date

4. staying in nominating state for 2 years is a different subject

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. If you are continuing in the same job, designation company and role as you were when you got your skills assessed , then you can continue to take points for experience.
So by June you will have the required 2 years experience

2. Nobody can say how much time they will take.

3. When you get the PR, you will get a Initial Entry date before which you have to enter Australia to validate the same
You will have to live and work in the state for 2 years from the date you first enter after getting the PR

Cheers
Thank you for your immediate reply.

Roughly how long is the duration for Initial Entry date? Because I am currently working in Singapore, it may take some time for me to move to Australia.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Thank you for your immediate reply.

Roughly how long is the duration for Initial Entry date? Because I am currently working in Singapore, it may take some time for me to move to Australia.
IED is 1 year from date of pcc or medicals, whichever is earlier

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. if you are in same role, same organization then leave the end date of current employment as blank, even though you wont be able to claim any experience points with 2 year work exp but you will be able to meet the Vic criteria

2. state nominations are unpredictable,

3. there is a IED(initial entry date) calculated based on pcc/medicals, you have to make at least one entry before that date

4. staying in nominating state for 2 years is a different subject
Thank you for your reply.

If I am not going to claim any points from work exp, after obtain my 2 years exp in the same company, can I change company and still able to meet VIC criteria?

I saw you are also a civil engineer, how is civil engineering in Australia, is that easy to find a job?:D

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Thank you for your reply.

If I am not going to claim any points from work exp, after obtain my 2 years exp in the same company, can I change company and still able to meet VIC criteria?

I saw you are also a civil engineer, how is civil engineering in Australia, is that easy to find a job?:D
yeah, you can change the job

regarding job - i havent joined the race yet

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Hi,

When I am applying 190 visa, will I get a bridging visa? Which type will I get? Am I allowed to work in Australia?:)
Which visa are you presently on ?

Cheers

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Hi,

When I am applying 190 visa, will I get a bridging visa? Which type will I get? Am I allowed to work in Australia?:)
You will not get any bridging visa even during the duration your application is pending as you are not working in Australia

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts