Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

My partner as a skilled visa, and were just waiting for the answer on my application for a Defacto visa, so nervous times, ive had my medicals and no further info is needed now so should get a answer this month or beginning of next month, we have sorted out our furniture been shipped over which will happen end of March(hopefully) and we are hoping to come other in April 2010 if all goes well, so not long at all.

My partner got his visa in august 2008 and as been waiting for me to make a decision on whether i wanted to go plus we had to have the evidence of 12months living together, but im really scared regarding missing family and friends.

We have decided on Noosa, Brisbane (we have both visited) can anyone give me any advise on what Noosa is like, on property there for rent and jobs? or places in Brisbane that are near the beach that would be worth considering?

My job is a financial controller/book-keeper, ive been in accounts for 15 years but im not qualified does anyone know about training courses to go on in Australia that would be useful and a advantage for me regarding Australia tax rules for companies/personal tax/payroll, and their sofware MYOB? Ive been told by a friend who lives in Australia and as worked in England doing the same job as me that it isnt hard or much different, would like other opinions and help?

Any help and advise would be helpful to us due to only been about 9weeks away depending on a yes to my visa. Also im really nervous/scared/excited about going which i assume is normal and i am scared about meeting new friends etc and starting a new life away England

thank you everyone
katy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Katy. Noosa is indeed a beautiful place but it is very expensive and there is a lack of work there compared to the rest of SE Queensland. As with anywhere in the world you will pay a lot more for a house or for rent if it is on the beach.

That said there maybe some places available further to the south of Noosa (on the Sunshine Coast) that aren't so expensive.

You can check out property and rental prices on Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au

I can't rally offer you any advice on jobs though if you look on SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site you should be able to get info on careers as well as training courses.

Hope this helps a little and don't fret it you will love it in Oz.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information do you know about towns around Noosa and if there are any that are cheaper but say 1/2hour away, or is it the same expensive and lack of jobs? What about Queensland/Brisbane towns. We are from a small village, my fiance lived in Sydney for a year but i never have so not too fond on the idea going into a city life and we want to start a family in Australia and really want the beach life, which im sure everyone does, but would like to be within 1/2 to 45mins from the beach if possible. any ideas on help regarding looking into towns, if any expats there, jobs etc sorry for all the questions just wanting to try and gather as much information as possible and i am abit of a fretter!!lol :) thank you very much for the info you have given me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts