Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm new to thus forum and this is my first post.

In the online application, there was this question:

Have any of the applicants lived in a country other than the primary applicant's usual country of residence?

I am applying onshore, so I have put Australia as my "country of usual residence".

For this question, should I put "yes" and provide my address in my country of citizenship before I came to Australia?

Last night when I applied, I put "no" as the answer and submitted a form 1023 to correct it to "yes". Is this OK?

Also I have attached the following documents to my online application. Is there anything else I need to attach?

-Birth Certificate
-University Transcript
-University Awards Statement
-IELTS test report form
-Skills Assessment from Engineers Australia
-Australian federal police certificate
-Home country police certificate
-Passport
-Passport photo

Thank you for your help!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't think anything else is required as of now. If you're not claiming points for experience then i suppose you are good to go. Medicals and form 80 will be requested by the case officer once assigned.

PS: I'm currently in the same stage as you.

What is your occupation and points breakdown?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think anything else is required as of now. If you're not claiming points for experience then i suppose you are good to go. Medicals and form 80 will be requested by the case officer once assigned.

PS: I'm currently in the same stage as you.

What is your occupation and points breakdown?
Hi,

My points are:
Age 30
English 10
Bachelor Degree 15
Australian Study 5

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know how soon are we expected to be assigned for a CO?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am a Sri Lankan and have been living in Japan for the last 5 years. When I submitted my EOI, I put Japan as my usual country of residence.

Do you know how soon are we expected to be assigned for a CO?
Mine took about 2 months. And was given 28 days to submits the addition documents - that is the police clearance and health reports.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a Sri Lankan and have been living in Japan for the last 5 years. When I submitted my EOI, I put Japan as my usual country of residence.

Mine took about 2 months. And was given 28 days to submits the addition documents - that is the police clearance and health reports.
Two months? Are you applying offshore? I think onshore it will take shorter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other opinions?

·
Registered
17 Posts

Two months? Are you applying offshore? I think onshore it will take shorter.
I applied from Japan.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Dars,

I'm on your situation right now. I applied 1 month ago for a 189 visa, and I'm already living in Australia. I still don't have any news from any CO or anything. Is that normal? I did anything wrong? I paid, and everything seems ok....I don't know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts