Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My case is a little complicated and so I am stuck with couple of questions in online application form.

Questions in online application form.

1. Have you made any application to Home office to remain in the UK in last 10 years?
Until 2014 I was on Tier 2 dependent visa, but my wife made a mistake while applying for ILR and her application got refused and we both decided to voluntarily leave UK and come to Hong Kong. back then She had British National overseas Passport from Hong Kong and was eligible to apply for full British. Long story short now she is a British Citizen now. Do I need to put the details of that application in this question? they are asking for home office reference number and type of visa. I don't have that with me as I have misplaced that paper work.

2. Have you been refused a visa for any country including the UK in the last 10 years?
I was refused a Tier 2 dependent visa in 2011 because Case officer made a mistake on reading bank statement and thought we don't have enough funds. but we appealed and the decision was over turned and I was issued the visa within 2 months. Should I put this as a refusal?

3.Do you have any dependent children?
I have one son 1.5 year old, in UK with my wife. He was born in UK when my wife had BNO passport but her application for British passport was in the home office at the time and right after her was born within a month her application got approved and she got British Passport. Now my son's application for registration as british citizen is in the Home office. but in this question they are asking for details of his passport which obviously we don't have coz he doesn't have a passport. What should I do? and is is considered as my dependent or wife's as he is with her in UK.

Sorry for so many questions but my case is quite confusing and I have a long history of travel and applications in UK mostly tier 2 dependent.

I lived in UK from 07/2011 - 12/2014 in UK on tier 2 dependent (my wife on Tier 2 while having British National overseas passport) after completing 5 years she applied for indefinite which got refused and we were in a lot of trouble. We decided to leave UK voluntarily and come to HK to apply for her British Passport. in March 2016 she got her british citizen and passport.

Thank you.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
#1 They are asking your immigration history, not your wife's.
#2 Yes, and explain was overturned on appeal.
#3 Your dependant. Just explain application for registration pending.
Your situation isn't complicated at all. Just answer the questions without overthinking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply Joppa

In 2014 my wife applied together with me. Her application got refused and automatically mine as well. Is it consider just her application to remain in the UK? Should I not give details of this application and refusal?

I am told not to apply until my son's application for registration as british citizen is in the process.

your sincere advise is needed.
Thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joppa: I'm applying for visa so I assume they are asking for my travel/immigration history. My wife is the sponsor.
can you please advise on the second part. ( i have been told not to apply for settlement visa until my son's application for registration as british citizen is in process) what should i do?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You can still apply for your visa before you apply for your son's registration, but in that case he has to stay in HK or you have to include him in your application.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but he was born in UK and is with his mother since birth in UK. My wife applied for his registration as british citizen just couple weeks ago.
You can still apply for your visa before you apply for your son's registration, but in that case he has to stay in HK or you have to include him in your application.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even if he is staying with my wife in UK since birth, still I have to include him in my application?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I put him as my dependent child then I need his passport details and he doesn't have any passport yet (application is in the home office to register as british citizen on MN1 form).

If i say I don't have a dependent child then that would be misinformation i think, even though my son is living with his mother (GP in UK) and is technically not dependent on me.

What should I do? please help
Thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes birth certificate is available....

Should I put him as "not dependent child" and then explain in additional information about his application for registration as british citizen and provide his UK birth certificate.

Because if put him as "dependent child" then I need to provide his passport details otherwise the application won't be complete and I am not able to submit it.

I have no problem showing finances to prove that I and my wife both can support him. both over salaries are well above the HO required limit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.