Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just got invited to apply for NSW 190 as a Software Engineer, however, I feel quite anxious regarding my EOI - I left my employment history empty, will that be a problem or bring any risk when I submit the formal visa application (with all my employment history filled in the Form 80)?

I didn't include my employment history because I haven't had ACS assess my work experience, even though they are related experiences. And according to the policy in NSW, any experience that is not assessed by ACS can not be used to claim points (I actually got rejected once when applying for the nomination claiming for that 5 points without getting ACS assessed).

This was a bit tricky for me as my experience is "related" and can be used to claim points in 189 scenario (as ACS assessment is not required), however it's a different story in NSW.

I really hope to get some suggestion on this - will it cause any issue when the CO sees the difference between my EOI and Form 80? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just got invited to apply for NSW 190 as a Software Engineer, however, I feel quite anxious regarding my EOI - I left my employment history empty, will that be a problem or bring any risk when I submit the formal visa application (with all my employment history filled in the Form 80)?

I didn't include my employment history because I haven't had ACS assess my work experience, even though they are related experiences. And according to the policy in NSW, any experience that is not assessed by ACS can not be used to claim points (I actually got rejected once when applying for the nomination claiming for that 5 points without getting ACS assessed).

This was a bit tricky for me as my experience is "related" and can be used to claim points in 189 scenario (as ACS assessment is not required), however it's a different story in NSW.

I really hope to get some suggestion on this - will it cause any issue when the CO sees the difference between my EOI and Form 80? Thanks in advance!
Hang on. Do you have a valid skills assessment from ACS confirming the 'skills met' date?

You need a valid ACS assessment for both 189 and 190

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hang on. Do you have a valid skills assessment from ACS confirming the 'skills met' date?

You need a valid ACS assessment for both 189 and 190
Thanks for the reply! I do have an ACS assessment stating
"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migraton under ANZSCO Code 261313 (Sofware
Engineer)."
even though it does not come with a 'skill met' date.

The problem is that NSW 190 requires the work experience to be assessed by ACS as well to be eligible to claim points, which I haven't been able to do yet. I claimed the 5 points in my first EOI and got told that I am overclaiming as my 2 years of related experience is not assessed by ACS, so I tried my luck to submit another EOI without claiming points for work experience at all...

· Registered
3 Posts
I just posted the same question!
I also left the employment section in eoi empty as my current and past working experience cannot be used to claim points(not highly relevant and won't be assessed by ACS).
I checked with my migration agent and he said it doesn't matter as long as my overall points claimed in eoi are correct.
But I am still worried about this and looking for an answer here : Will the difference between eoi details and form 80 cause the issue in 190 visa application?

· Registered
48 Posts
I also left the employment section in eoi empty as my current and past working experience cannot be used to claim points(not highly relevant and won't be assessed by ACS).
I checked with my migration agent and he said it doesn't matter as long as my overall points claimed in eoi are correct.
But I am still worried about this and looking for an answer here : Will the difference between eoi details and form 80 cause the issue in 190 visa application?
If EOI is not locked, I would definitely update the details. Filling all the forms and providing sufficient documents is an essential process to request residency of a country.
All the best.

· Registered
39 Posts
Hi, I have also have the question, after asking for suggestions, a lot of people suggest to leave the unrelated experience out from eoi. Because if you mention those experience you would need to provide documents such as payslips, contract, reference letter all those stuff even they do not contribute for the eoi points. And what if I have 20 different unrelated jobs before, that's really troublesome to spend time to gather huge amount of documents which eventually do not contribute for points at all. I just wonder are there cases before that 189 or 190 got rejected because people leave out employment history in eoi while shown in form80? Is this considered providing misleading information?

· Registered
48 Posts
Hi, I have also have the question, after asking for suggestions, a lot of people suggest to leave the unrelated experience out from eoi. Because if you mention those experience you would need to provide documents such as payslips, contract, reference letter all those stuff even they do not contribute for the eoi points. And what if I have 20 different unrelated jobs before, that's really troublesome to spend time to gather huge amount of documents which eventually do not contribute for points at all. I just wonder are there cases before that 189 or 190 got rejected because people leave out employment history in eoi while shown in form80? Is this considered providing misleading information?
Indicate only related job that you will claim points and ensure to carry supported documents when asked to provide.

· Registered
9 Posts
Let me start by saying I do not know what the right thing to do here is. However, in the sticky links:

READ THIS FIRST! - Want to go to Australia? What you need to know->189 invite - How to Proceed
Documents for NOT RELEVANT Experience - In principle it is not required to provide any document for which we havent claimed any points, however in my personal opinion if there is some employment which is not relevant then mention it in form 80 and provide some basic document for this like a joining letter, discharge letter. I will like to say it once more that it is not mandatory
So maybe non-relevant work experience documentation is not required anyway?

· Registered
39 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts