Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have the last couple of questions before I lodge my visa application I invited for (subclass 190)

- In the last 18 months I started to work as a freelance consultant, when I applied for skills assessment through ACS, I choose one of my clients to have a client reference from in order to get my self assessed as ACS does not count concurrent employment. (his reference covered one year (from Jan 2018 till Dec 2018) and I am still working with him till now).

My question is what shall I write in the visa application and form 80.

Shall I write
1 - Self employed for the whole period and get client references from all clients I worked for.
2 - list that year as working only for this client and provide that reference, and cover the rest of the period from other clients.

---------------------------
- Back in 2007, I worked for one month in a company then I left because I found another offer. this month appears in my tax returns. shall I include it as experience in the application and form 80 or not, noting that I don't have any single paper from that company and I don't have any contact whatsoever from it and I think it closed its doors long ago.

----------------------------

Form 2005 till 2007 I was taking care of my family business (farming), and working as a part timer with a company for a daily rate. this agreement is not recorded anywhere and I think the company is now closed. what should I list as experience for this period, specially in form 80

------------------------

thank you all and I am very nervous, because of this, I am really looking for your help

·
Registered
286 Posts
form 80 is for recording purposes..highly unlikely they go into your tax return each year and check ..Only happens in 489 sponsorship

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
Dear All,

I have the last couple of questions before I lodge my visa application I invited for (subclass 190)

- In the last 18 months I started to work as a freelance consultant, when I applied for skills assessment through ACS, I choose one of my clients to have a client reference from in order to get my self assessed as ACS does not count concurrent employment. (his reference covered one year (from Jan 2018 till Dec 2018) and I am still working with him till now).

Shall I write
1 - Self employed for the whole period and get client references from all clients I worked for.
2 - list that year as working only for this client and provide that reference, and cover the rest of the period from other clients.

---------------------------
- Back in 2007, I worked for one month in a company then I left because I found another offer. this month appears in my tax returns. shall I include it as experience in the application and form 80 or not, noting that I don't have any single paper from that company and I don't have any contact whatsoever from it and I think it closed its doors long ago.

----------------------------

Form 2005 till 2007 I was taking care of my family business (farming), and working as a part timer with a company for a daily rate. this agreement is not recorded anywhere and I think the company is now closed. what should I list as experience for this period, specially in form 80

------------------------

thank you all and I am very nervous, because of this, I am really looking for your help
Form 80 is a very important document

You should not willingly lie on it
You may have to give a copy of your tax return voluntarily or if asked by the CO, so don’t hide anything

That’s all that I can say

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Form 80 is a very important document

You should not willingly lie on it
You may have to give a copy of your tax return voluntarily or if asked by the CO, so don’t hide anything

That’s all that I can say

Cheers
so for this question what should I write

Shall I write

Noting that in my EOI, the experience listed from that client only because it is the only one assessed ?

will this make a discrepancy

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
so for this question what should I write

Shall I write

Noting that in my EOI, the experience listed from that client only because it is the only one assessed ?

will this make a discrepancy
In ACS you have applied as self employed or as an employee ?

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In ACS you have applied as self employed or as an employee ?

Cheers
I brought a client reference, but I put the client name, in the field it self.

But the certificate I brought, we a client reference.

Also in the EOI, I put the client name for that year (as I worked more than 20 hours a week for him, so they consider it a full time work) ?

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
I brought a client reference, but I put the client name, in the field it self.

But the certificate I brought, we a client reference.

Also in the EOI, I put the client name for that year (as I worked more than 20 hours a week for him, so they consider it a full time work) ?
If I were in your shoes, I would consult a reputed Mara agent
Your application is not a straight forward case and any wrong information can land you in serious trouble

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I were in your shoes, I would consult a reputed Mara agent
Your application is not a straight forward case and any wrong information can land you in serious trouble

Cheers
Do you have anyone in mind ?

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
Do you have anyone in mind ?
Nope

But make sure that he is Australia based and member of Mara

I am sure if you google and see their reviews, you will be able to make an informed choice

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope

But make sure that he is Australia based and member of Mara

I am sure if you google and see their reviews, you will be able to make an informed choice

Cheers
last question

It just crossed my mind, does they (in the application) accept concurrent employment
From XXX to YYY : self employed
From XX to YY : Name of client (a subset of the self employed period ?

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
last question

It just crossed my mind, does they (in the application) accept concurrent employment
From XXX to YYY : self employed
From XX to YY : Name of client (a subset of the self employed period ?
This is not something that you can decide based on the views of the members
It may be suicidal

Whatever options you have in mind, you can put them to the Mara agent and then let him decide the best possible way

At least that’s what I would do

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is not something that you can decide based on the views of the members
It may be suicidal

Whatever options you have in mind, you can put them to the Mara agent and then let him decide the best possible way

At least that’s what I would do

Cheers
Thank you,
I contacted Local and Australia based agents, and they all had different views on this.
I felt it is a matter of trail and error the options were

- Withdraw your EOI and put out a new one without mistakes
- Put the client name as the employer to be consistent with your EOI and assessment and everything will be fine
- Nothing to worry about, just put self employed period in the visa application and it will pass

So I felt it is a waste of time to contact agents, therefore I am going to rephrase my questions like this

- My clients reference stating that I am working more than 20 hours a week, therefor the ACS considered that employment as a full time employment and I am assessed on that basis.

So I decided the following to be consistent, I decided to put him as the employer name (since I was working more than 20 hours a week for him) and then put the period after Dec 2018 as self employer.

Would that be a problem?

·
Registered
22,414 Posts
Thank you,
I contacted Local and Australia based agents, and they all had different views on this.
I felt it is a matter of trail and error the options were

- Withdraw your EOI and put out a new one without mistakes
- Put the client name as the employer to be consistent with your EOI and assessment and everything will be fine
- Nothing to worry about, just put self employed period in the visa application and it will pass

So I felt it is a waste of time to contact agents, therefore I am going to rephrase my questions like this

- My clients reference stating that I am working more than 20 hours a week, therefor the ACS considered that employment as a full time employment and I am assessed on that basis.

So I decided the following to be consistent, I decided to put him as the employer name (since I was working more than 20 hours a week for him) and then put the period after Dec 2018 as self employer.

Would that be a problem?
I am sure that if you follow a Mara agent advice it is the best
I have nothing more to add

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I want to know if this is the right way of filling form 80 for wife who is not added to current application: I have applied for 489 visa march 18, 2019 , as i got nomination with qld . I included my wife and 2 children as non migrating family member as they are still skeptical and want me to go and settledown first. So i did not pay visa fee for them, in this application as the plan is to add when i settle down. In Form 80 for me i ticked wife and children not migrating. In wife form 80 she filled she will migrate with children but not migrating with husband.
Question 1:Is this the correct wat of filling this portion giving the situation.
Question 2 : when i am granted visa, and 3 months down the line i want to add then will my answers in form 80 be seen as contraditory.As the plan is the file 489 for wife and children as soon as i settle down.
How do i update this info if this is required do i I consider filling another form 80 to update this info.
Thank you for the response.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts