Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

After the advice from forum members. I took my decision to apply on my own instead of assigning someone (immigration consultant). However, I am seeking some advice before applying.

Facts:

• I am applying for myself and family (wife, two kids, mother)
  • Got an average of 7.5 in IELTS (8,7,7,7)
  • I am a computer expert, got 8 years approved by the ACS (Australian Computer Society) as a Systems Analyst (which is a listed/nominated by the government)
  • I am 30 years old

Questions:
  1. I am eligible for both independent and state sponsorship. However, what is your advice on that?
  2. Shall I apply online (using online forms) or by normal forms through mail? what do you recommend?
  3. I want to include my mother in the application as I am the only sponsor for her. She is 56 years old. I am the only sponsor for her as I have (half brother from my father side, half sister from my mother side but she is abroad, married), my father deceased, and I have official letter declares that I am the only sponsor for my mother.
    What is the process (is there any special forms, or procedures ...etc.) and what proof (documents) are required?
  4. How much is the amount of money required to be proven? Do I need to send the prove at this stage or later?
  5. My wife and mother, both are the only over 18 family members who are included in the application. What is the possibility of waiving the English requirements for them? (My wife, has completed a high diploma - 2 years, with English as a full instruction language. And, I have a letter from her college stating that)
  6. Any other advises before applying? Or, things I should take care of?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
120 views! Any advise?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello,

After the advice from forum members. I took my decision to apply on my own instead of assigning someone (immigration consultant). However, I am seeking some advice before applying.

Facts:

• I am applying for myself and family (wife, two kids, mother)
  • Got an average of 7.5 in IELTS (8,7,7,7)
  • I am a computer expert, got 8 years approved by the ACS (Australian Computer Society) as a Systems Analyst (which is a listed/nominated by the government)
  • I am 30 years old

Questions:
  1. I am eligible for both independent and state sponsorship. However, what is your advice on that?
  2. Shall I apply online (using online forms) or by normal forms through mail? what do you recommend?
  3. I want to include my mother in the application as I am the only sponsor for her. She is 56 years old. I am the only sponsor for her as I have (half brother from my father side, half sister from my mother side but she is abroad, married), my father deceased, and I have official letter declares that I am the only sponsor for my mother.
    What is the process (is there any special forms, or procedures ...etc.) and what proof (documents) are required?
  4. How much is the amount of money required to be proven? Do I need to send the prove at this stage or later?
  5. My wife and mother, both are the only over 18 family members who are included in the application. What is the possibility of waiving the English requirements for them? (My wife, has completed a high diploma - 2 years, with English as a full instruction language. And, I have a letter from her college stating that)
Ans 1: It would be your choice. I chose 175 since I did not want to be tied down to a particular state for 2 years. However the processing of 176 is way faster than 175.

Ans 2: I would prefer online as it is fast and hassle free.

Ans 3: Not sure of this. May be you can find more information on DIAC site.
General Skilled Migration

Ans 4: I would wait until asked by the CO for proof of amounts. I have not submitted any such document and have not been asked by the CO till date.

Ans 5: I think for your wife you may be able to waive off the IELTS. The DIAC site mentions the English eligibility of secondary applicant to be one of the three things, with IELTS score of 4.5 being one of them: Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)
You may however want to check thoroughly else you may end up paying the second installment for the secondary applicants, which is a huge amount.

All the best with your application process.:)

Reactions: oabushaban

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback!

I am still worried about adding my mother to the application? I have half-brother (from my father side) and half-sister(from my mother side) and it is crucial for me to add her to the application as I am the only one who is sponsoring her.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the feedback!

I am still worried about adding my mother to the application? I have half-brother (from my father side) and half-sister(from my mother side) and it is crucial for me to add her to the application as I am the only one who is sponsoring her.
I think you would need to substantiate the fact that you are the sole person responsible for taking care of your mother.

Also you may be asked by the CO to provide proof that you would take care of the medical needs of your parent (may be some kind of financial statement.

Quote from DIAC definition:
"Your other relatives may be considered dependent if they are all of the following:

single (has never married or entered a de facto relationship, or is widowed, divorced or separated)
usually resident in your household
wholly or substantially reliant on your financial support for their basic living needs (food, shelter and clothing)
more reliant on you for support than on any other person or source
have been reliant on you for a substantial period."

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ans 1: It would be your choice. I chose 175 since I did not want to be tied down to a particular state for 2 years. However the processing of 176 is way faster than 175.

Ans 2: I would prefer online as it is fast and hassle free.

Ans 3: Not sure of this. May be you can find more information on DIAC site.
General Skilled Migration

Ans 4: I would wait until asked by the CO for proof of amounts. I have not submitted any such document and have not been asked by the CO till date.

Ans 5: I think for your wife you may be able to waive off the IELTS. The DIAC site mentions the English eligibility of secondary applicant to be one of the three things, with IELTS score of 4.5 being one of them: Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)
You may however want to check thoroughly else you may end up paying the second installment for the secondary applicants, which is a huge amount.

All the best with your application process.:)

Hi,
how did u submit Form 1221 and Form 80.
Did u take a printout of the forms, filled them, scanned them and then uploaded them?
or something else?

Regards,
Rinkesh.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the responses!

Q1: Where I can find the passport photo requirements?

Q2: I've got my TRN after applying online and now started to upload documents. I can see the medical documents and character/background check forms; do I need to apply now or shall I wait for sometime later?

·
Registered
202 Posts
oabushaban said:
Hi,

Thanks for the responses!

Q1: Where I can find the passport photo requirements?

Q2: I've got my TRN after applying online and now started to upload documents. I can see the medical documents and character/background check forms; do I need to apply now or shall I wait for sometime later?
1. I found it by simply googling it.
2. Meds and PCC would be asked by the CO. Don't worry about them as of now. Some people get it done beforehand though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi,
how did u submit Form 1221 and Form 80.
Did u take a printout of the forms, filled them, scanned them and then uploaded them?
or something else?

Regards,
Rinkesh.
I applied through an Agent and he completed all the uploading of the documents for me. I remember to have filled up a printed form and sent my agent a scanned version of the same.

·
Registered
230 Posts
1. I found it by simply googling it.
2. Meds and PCC would be asked by the CO. Don't worry about them as of now. Some people get it done beforehand though.
I agree that you actually should wait for the CO to ask you for Meds and PCC. From what I heard was that your initial entry would be valid for upto 1 year from the date of your Meds/PCC whichever is earlier. However if you need FBI (USA PCC) clearance as well then you may want to start that process around 3-4 months after applying for 175 subclass. I applied for mine only after CO asked me for the PCC documents and am still awaiting the same from FBI.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Questions:
    That's a tough call for which you gotta make the decision : If time is precious and you wanna go to Aust as soon as possible then 176 visa is the way to go although you will compromise by way of getting limited to a specific state for the initial 2 years...
    but 176 visa processing is way faster then 175 visa...
    Online :Faster processing bcoz you will sent EVERY doc via email,online uploading....
    Normal process : ALL docs will go by snail-mail...
    this one's a no-brainer...
    Go for online application
    DIAC does not ask for any amount specifically and neither is it required...
    the letter should suffice...
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: oabushaban

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Questions:

[/QUOTE]

Many thanks,

1) May I ask what time slots (from real practice) the entire process will (starting from lodging the application) for both 175 and 176 until the visa is stamped?

2) Does it make a difference when adding a senior parent to my application (in my case it is my mother)?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Many thanks,

1) May I ask what time slots (from real practice) the entire process will take (starting from lodging the application) for both 175 and 176 till the visa is issued?

2) Does it make a difference (on processing times) when adding a senior parent to my application (in my case it is my mother)?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.