Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am planning to move to Manchester on an assignment ( a year) with a pharma company. My place of work would be at Alderley Park...i had some questions on places to reside

1) Residence - I have a budget of around 600-650 pounds and was wondering what places are nice and safe and reasonable to stay in for that amount. Its for 2 adults and am looking at a 2 bedroom place. Also are there preferred real estate folks who are good to work with ? Would also be nice to know what things should i consider or wary about when i pick up a place for rent.

2) Car - i am struggling with the option of leasing or buying a car especially with insurance costs involved ... Any guidance would be helpful especially on what to consider and any good lease companies to check.

Rgds,
Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tom--
hmmm...I think we are looking at a move to the same area.

I have been looking at Letting through rightmove dot co dot uk . I like the Tytherington and Wilmslow areas so far. Also Alderley Edge. Waiting for our house hunting trip over there to decide for sure.

good luck with your relo.

·
Registered
39,029 Posts
Wilmslow and Alderley Edge are very expensive areas, much loved by Premier League footballers! You pay less by living closer to Manchester, such as Cheadle, Altrincham or Sale - still pleasant and handy for the airport and motorways. Commuting by car is feasible, and you will be travelling against the main flow of traffic (into Manchester in the morning, out of in the evening).

·
Registered
60 Posts
As you say, insurance will probably be the deciding factor when determining whether to buy or lease a car. I would think you can get online quotes though from the UK search engine based sites or Direct Line. Secondhand cars are a much better bet than they were years ago and I would be looking for something 5 or 6 years old as a good balance between initial purchase price and potential reliability. If you are coming from India you will already know about traffic congestion!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tom--
hmmm...I think we are looking at a move to the same area.

I have been looking at Letting through rightmove dot co dot uk . I like the Tytherington and Wilmslow areas so far. Also Alderley Edge. Waiting for our house hunting trip over there to decide for sure.

good luck with your relo.
Cool, do let me know how your experience with the concerned letting agent goes .. would be nice to know ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wilmslow and Alderley Edge are very expensive areas, much loved by Premier League footballers! You pay less by living closer to Manchester, such as Cheadle, Altrincham or Sale - still pleasant and handy for the airport and motorways. Commuting by car is feasible, and you will be travelling against the main flow of traffic (into Manchester in the morning, out of in the evening).
Thanks ... any good letting agents you might be aware of Joppa? Is the connectivity to train / buses and shopping outlets good from Cheadle & Altrincham ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As you say, insurance will probably be the deciding factor when determining whether to buy or lease a car. I would think you can get online quotes though from the UK search engine based sites or Direct Line. Secondhand cars are a much better bet than they were years ago and I would be looking for something 5 or 6 years old as a good balance between initial purchase price and potential reliability. If you are coming from India you will already know about traffic congestion!
Thanks fido, did ask for some online quotes and from the ones available the best is an astounding 450 pounds per month including insurance...which is almost making me chuck the whole car option and just find a place with good connectivity to office .

rgds,
Manoj

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.