Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been working on my application and trying to gather as many questions as possible in order to avoid repeatedly asking questions on the forum. Here is what I have so far. Hopefully not many more questions later on. It will be a postal application.

1) I'm sending our joint tenancy agreement but I wonder if I need to send the entire document or just the beginning with property details, etc, and the end of it which is the part showing the signatures? I'm unsure about this because on my previous application (which was in person) I don't think the caseworker even asked to see that document, but know that I should send it for sure.

2) My husband and I think it should be all right to send along his passport instead of photocopying it all as we don't think he will need it. Would you advise against this?

3) Does it matter if part of the bank statements were printed by us (stamped by the bank though) and others were printed by the bank (stamped too)? The problem is they told us at the bank that they can't print statements from before January.

4) Do I need to provide copies of all documents? Last time, as I said above, I applied in person and did take photocopies and I think the caseworker wasn't expecting us to take copies but because I did ask at some point if she wanted them she said that if I did have copies it would be better to give those to her to make things easier or something along those lines.

5) With my previous FLR(M) I was granted 30 months stay (on 5 year route). With regards to the correspondence addressed to us both I noticed the application form mentions it should spread evenly over 2 years. In my case should it spread over 2.5 years or 2 years also applies?

6) Finally, I have asked about this before but want to confirm. I was abroad for 3 months last year due to family illness. I did not move out at all it was just a trip which was supposed to be for a month but due to complications I ended up staying 3 months. Question 10.11 asks to provide details of periods of absence from the UK of more than six months. So I would think that less than 6 months is an acceptable time period to be away. But I have been advised that I should mention this trip in questions 6.9 and question 6.21. My concern is in both of those questions they ask about lack of cohabitation (one refers to cohabitation since visa was granted and the other about cohabitation since marriage). So, I do not consider that trip to be the same as lack of cohabitation as my permanent address didn't change during that time. Wouldn't it be better to say in both of those questions that I have lived with my husband both since marriage and since my visa was granted and mention my trip in a separate letter? There is a note in Section 13 - Documents (Page 62) under Your relationship that says "If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence." but it doesn't provide any space to give information. So I was considering including a covering letter that covers the reasons of this trip and a letter from the doctor confirming my relative's illness and treatment. What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also wanted to add something I forgot to ask. Regarding the correspondence, it says on page 62: Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period.. I am including four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and and two items addressed to to each at the address, therefore submitting eight items. I think I am supposed to explain why they are not 6 joint documents on a separate sheet but not sure what explanation to give.

Depending on what time frame I have to cover (see question 5 of my previous post) this is what I have (My visa was granted Jan '13):

30 months (2.5 years):
  1. May '13: Joint bank statement
  2. Sep '13: NHS letter (mine) + Oct '13: Mobile phone bill (husband's)
  3. Mar '14: Council Tax Bill (joint)
  4. Aug '14: Council Tax Bill (joint)
  5. Jan '15: Mobile phone bill (husband's) + Feb '15 Bank statement (mine)
  6. Jun '15: Water bill (joint)

24 months (2 years):
  1. Oct '13: Joint bank statement
  2. Feb '14: Mobile phone bill (husband's) + Feb '15 Bank statement (mine)
  3. Jun '14: Water bill (joint)
  4. Sep '14: Joint bank statement
  5. Feb '15: Bank statement (mine) + TV License (husband's)
  6. Jun '15: Electricity bill (joint)

In each case I tried to spread the dates evenly and because of this in some months there are no joint bills so I used documents addressed to either one of us. Unfortunately in some of those months there are no documents addressed to me so I in such cases I am including one from the previous or the next month. Regarding the TV License my husband forgot to include me when he set it up. So not sure exactly what to say as an explanation. The electricity bill used to be addressed only to my husband (same reason as TV license) but we have since changed that, but it really doesn't matter too much as we have other documents for previous months.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a few more questions I'm afraid. Hopefully someone can help me with these or any of the previous ones in this thread.

- My tenancy agreement is in pdf form. Is it ok to send a print out? It will have my signature and my husband's but for the landlord's signature the head of the letting agency said he will sign on behalf of the landlord and send us the scanned page. Is this acceptable or shall I get the printed page with actual signature. Also, is it OK the landlords are not the one's signing? The agreement states the name of a company which I believe belongs to our landlords, so I suppose this is why the head of the agency offered to sign himself? Our previous agreement had the landlord's name, his wife's and their son, so not sure why it is different this time.

- One of our bills (electricity) can be downloaded online. Is that OK? We don't have those coming through the post. I also have a mobile phone bill which we do get through the post but looks like it's printed at home, that OK too?

- Also wondering if anyone who has applied for their second FLR(M) since April and has had a response yet? Want to have an idea how long it will be to get a response because I'm anxious as with the NHS surcharge couldn't afford the premium application and this is a big concern because as I've mentioned before my mother is ill and if there was an emergency I would need to withdraw my application to get my passport to fly home. This leads me to the next question which is:

- What happens if (knock on wood) I did have to withdraw my application and go home? Would I have to apply from abroad (paying more?) and would that reset the clock so that I would have to start the 5 year route over?

Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hello,

Since no one has replied yet I have been thinking through my questions and searching for answers and have decided to make comments below each question to clarify what it is that I'm still unsure about so it’s easier to get someone to reply. So here are the comments regarding each question of the 3 previous posts stating which answers I do need your help to figure out. Hope I make sense.

1) I'm sending our joint tenancy agreement but I wonder if I need to send the entire document or just the beginning with property details, etc, and the end of it which is the part showing the signatures? I'm unsure about this because on my previous application (which was in person) I don't think the caseworker even asked to see that document, but know that I should send it for sure.
I have decided to send the whole document.

2) My husband and I think it should be all right to send along his passport instead of photocopying it all as we don't think he will need it. Would you advise against this?
I will send the photocopy of the entire passport instead of sending the actual passport.

3) Does it matter if part of the bank statements were printed by us (stamped by the bank though) and others were printed by the bank (stamped too)? The problem is they told us at the bank that they can't print statements from before January.
Since it has taking me longer than I thought to send the application I can now get the June statements from the bank so those will probably look just like the ones I already have therefore not worried about those anymore.

4) Do I need to provide copies of all documents? Last time, as I said above, I applied in person and did take photocopies and I think the caseworker wasn't expecting us to take copies but because I did ask at some point if she wanted them she said that if I did have copies it would be better to give those to her to make things easier or something along those lines.
Reading other threads I have decided to photocopy everything twice to keep a full set of copies for future reference and to send a full set of copies with my application (that envelope is going to be thick!)

5) With my previous FLR(M) I was granted 30 months stay (on 5 year route). With regards to the correspondence addressed to us both I noticed the application form mentions it should spread evenly over 2 years. In my case should it spread over 2.5 years or 2 years also applies?
I am still unsure about this one. Can you please advise if correspondence should cover the last 2 years or the last 2.5 years?

6) Finally, I have asked about this before but want to confirm. I was abroad for 3 months last year due to family illness. I did not move out at all it was just a trip which was supposed to be for a month but due to complications I ended up staying 3 months. Question 10.11 asks to provide details of periods of absence from the UK of more than six months. So I would think that less than 6 months is an acceptable time period to be away. But I have been advised that I should mention this trip in questions 6.9 and question 6.21. My concern is in both of those questions they ask about lack of cohabitation (one refers to cohabitation since visa was granted and the other about cohabitation since marriage). So, I do not consider that trip to be the same as lack of cohabitation as my permanent address didn't change during that time. Wouldn't it be better to say in both of those questions that I have lived with my husband both since marriage and since my visa was granted and mention my trip in a separate letter? There is a note in Section 13 - Documents (Page 62) under Your relationship that says "If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence." but it doesn't provide any space to give information. So I was considering including a covering letter that covers the reasons of this trip and a letter from the doctor confirming my relative's illness and treatment. What are your thoughts?
I have decided to follow the advice given here and mention the time spent abroad in questions 6.9 and 6.21. Additionally, although I wasn't planning on including a letter of introduction I will include one to briefly mention my time abroad and refer to the answers given in questions 6.9 and 6.21. I will also attach the doctor’s letter stating my mother's illness and treatment. Still unsure how to word this letter so once I come up with something I might post it here to see what you think about it.

…Regarding the correspondence, it says on page 62: Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period.. I am including four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items addressed to each at the address, therefore submitting eight items. I think I am supposed to explain why they are not 6 joint documents on a separate sheet but not sure what explanation to give. …Unfortunately in some of those months there are no documents addressed to me so I in such cases I am including one from the previous or the next month. Regarding the TV License my husband forgot to include me when he set it up, so not sure exactly what to say as an explanation.
Since I am now going to include a letter of introduction maybe I could explain here why some items are not addressed to both. Or am I totally misunderstanding this and what they ask is to explain if the bills don't include either of our names (if we were leaving with a relative I suppose that could be the case).

- My tenancy agreement is in pdf form. Is it ok to send a print out? It will have my signature and my husband's but for the landlord's signature the head of the letting agency said he will sign on behalf of the landlord and send us the scanned page. Is this acceptable or shall I get the printed page with actual signature. Also, is it OK the landlords are not the one's signing? The agreement states the name of a company which I believe belongs to our landlords, so I suppose this is why the head of the agency offered to sign himself? Our previous agreement had the landlord's name, his wife's and their son, so not sure why it is different this time.
As I said above I will include the original tenancy agreement but shall I persuade the manager director of the letting agency to get the actual landlord’s to sign it?

- One of our bills (electricity) can be downloaded online. Is that OK? We don't have those coming through the post. I also have a mobile phone bill which we do get through the post but looks like it's printed at home, that OK too?
Still unsure about this one. Can we send printed online bills / bills that look like we printed the ourselves?

- Also wondering if anyone who has applied for their second FLR(M) since April and has had a response yet? Want to have an idea how long it will be to get a response because I'm anxious as with the NHS surcharge couldn't afford the premium application and this is a big concern because as I've mentioned before my mother is ill and if there was an emergency I would need to withdraw my application to get my passport to fly home. This leads me to the next question which is: What happens if (knock on wood) I did have to withdraw my application and go home? Would I have to apply from abroad (paying more?) and would that reset the clock so that I would have to start the 5 year route over?
Any thoughts on these last questions?

TIA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.