Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My wife is in the UK on a 6 month tourist visa which was stamped on the 3rd of march. She has been here for little over a month since coming on the 5th april from India. However after speaking to an immigration consultant in India his advice was that she must come back to India after 3 months.

The reason for this was because when we initially applied for the tourist visa he wrote the intended length of stay to be 3 months.

In my confusion I have to ask a few questions:
1) Surely if she stayed for the full 6 months and goes back before it expires there won't be any problem?
2) Let's say she does stay for the full 6 months, will that have any negative impact on the spouse visa application later on?

I would really appreciate it if you could help me with this :confused2:

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
It's best to stick to what she has declared. Any discrepancy can be a cause for difficulty in future applications, unless it can be justified for exceptional or compassionate reasons, such as caring for a sick relative. Home Office takes a dim view of people who declare one thing and do something else, or declare a shorter period of stay in order to get their application approved, only to change their mind when a 6-month visa is issued or leave is given.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's best to stick to what she has declared. Any discrepancy can be a cause for difficulty in future applications, unless it can be justified for exceptional or compassionate reasons, such as caring for a sick relative. Home Office takes a dim view of people who declare one thing and do something else, or declare a shorter period of stay in order to get their application approved, only to change their mind when a 6-month visa is issued or leave is given.
Ok in that case would her 3 months start from her date of entry (5th april) or the date of the stamp on the visa (3rd march?)

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also let's say she did stay for the 6 months and I make a letter within my spouse visa application that there were exceptional circumstances (in this case looking after my father) would that help?

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
helo every one.Im new here and even don't know how to check my post.And the replies.If one reply to my question,will I be notified?how and where?plz tell me from A-Z about thz site.I loss my posts :(

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
helo every one.Im new here and even don't know how to check my post.And the replies.If one reply to my question,will I be notified?how and where?plz tell me from A-Z about thz site.I loss my posts :(
Click on your user name, then click on "find all posts by". You'll find your posts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thnx.And one more question.I'm applying for uk spouse visa.which forms should I fill?I live in pak.
Do I need to fill the VAF4A(personal details)?and it is said tht there are 6 appendixes on UKBA.what does it mean?which one should I download abd frim where?plz if anyone know help me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.