Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I was checking up form 26 for the medicals and while my answers are "No" for the pre-existing issues there are 3 minor issues that I do not know quite well how to handle.

1) Really slight scoliosis. Not noticeable unless on x-rays, no back pains, not a disability of any sort, can handle heavy weights, etc. It was detected on an x-ray exam like 3 years ago but my doctor said not to worry at all.

2) Blue-Violet colorblindness. I fail to see the numbers on some of those colored circles and confused dark tones of blue with dark tones of violet/purple. Light and medium cues are fine it's just on the really dark spectrum of colors. It went unnoticed for 28 years and the diagnosis came quite as a surprise. Never caused any issues without anything as you can imagine.

3) One cyst near/on a inguinal lymphatic node. It had the same size for YEARS, it doesn't grow in size. No pain, no complications whatsoever, nothing at all. If the doctor feels my lymph nodes he will of course notice it.

I will be doing my medicals here in Australia while these things were detected overseas. I would like to know what to expect. Do they ask about this things in the medical? Do they care about them? I will get referred to get more tests done? If they don't ask anything, in person or in the forms, should I mention them upfront? Other than that I am thin (1.8m, 64kg), fit (I run 20km a week) and healthy.

Thank you!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi guys, I was checking up form 26 for the medicals and while my answers are "No" for the pre-existing issues there are 3 minor issues that I do not know quite well how to handle.

1) Really slight scoliosis. Not noticeable unless on x-rays, no back pains, not a disability of any sort, can handle heavy weights, etc. It was detected on an x-ray exam like 3 years ago but my doctor said not to worry at all.

2) Blue-Violet colorblindness. I fail to see the numbers on some of those colored circles and confused dark tones of blue with dark tones of violet/purple. Light and medium cues are fine it's just on the really dark spectrum of colors. It went unnoticed for 28 years and the diagnosis came quite as a surprise. Never caused any issues without anything as you can imagine.

3) One cyst near/on a inguinal lymphatic node. It had the same size for YEARS, it doesn't grow in size. No pain, no complications whatsoever, nothing at all. If the doctor feels my lymph nodes he will of course notice it.

I will be doing my medicals here in Australia while these things were detected overseas. I would like to know what to expect. Do they ask about this things in the medical? Do they care about them? I will get referred to get more tests done? If they don't ask anything, in person or in the forms, should I mention them upfront? Other than that I am thin (1.8m, 64kg), fit (I run 20km a week) and healthy.

Thank you!
Well I think the forum will not provide you accurate answer to your questions because they are really specific to your case unless and until someone is suffering from same ailments.
I can say that emphasis is more to the healthcare burden a migrant is gonna bring.
So say a person requires support from the healthcare system on a consistent basis then that would be a issue.
Another reason would be that one is suffering from contagious disease, or from one which is endemic and can be a source of trigger here in Australia.
Rest assured the ones that you have mentioned shouldn't be a issue but you should clearly state those when you fill your health declaration, this can however be referred to a CW doc by your CO and may cause delay of upto 2 to 3 months.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
They'll ask about previous conditions and I'd recommend to disclose as much information as possible. Immigration screens for
  • highly infectious diseases (tuberculosis etc.) that must be treated before entering Australia
  • critical diseases/conditions that are expensive to treat and will limit your ability to work (e.g. cancer, diabetes in later stages when there already is organ damage). People who had cancer, have been treated and have had a clean bill of health for a couple of years can still migrate, though.

None of the things you mention fall under the highly infectious or expensive / limiting your ability to work category. A benign cyst is not problematic, neither is colour blindness. I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK guys, thanks :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts