Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a relationship nearly 6 years long with my companion who is a British Citizen. We both work and live in Brazil. I want to apply for the visa and have a few questions:

1) We plan to get married in Brazil about one and a half months before applying for the Visa. Is there any problem if the date of the wedding is close to de date of the application?
(We intent to give proofs of our relationship with pictures, letters, e-mails, online messages, flight and train tickets of our trips and hotel receipts gathered during these last 6 years.)

2) We are going to get married, but we have never lived together in Brazil. We will only move in together when we arrive in the UK. Is it indispensable to have lived together prior to the date of application or having the marriage certificate is enough?

3) To meet the Financial Requirement we have the following condition: my companion has worked at his current job over 4 years and earns in Brazil the gross amount of greater than £18.6K (as annual salary) converted on Oanda.com. He should receive a letter with a job offer in the UK with an annual salary greater than £18.6K. I suppose I should meet the “Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – overseas sponsor returning to the UK”.
I would like to confirm the documents I must provide: 6 latest original payslips with the company’s logo; a letter from the company where he works certifying that he has a permanent contract, the admission date, the gross amount of his annual salary and also the total amount of his earnings during the last 12 months. Do I need any other document from the bank to prove that we meet the Financial Requirement? Is it necessary to translate all the documents or only the letter from the company containing all the information?

4) Do I also have to attach a document informing my earnings or do I only have to prove my sponsor earnings?

5) My companion would like to go to the UK before me, therefore he would have to quit his job so he can arrange the details of his trip and home moving. When would be the ideal timing for him to leave the job: after sending the application form or after the approval for the visa?

We know there are a lot of questions and information, but we thank you in advance any help you could give us.

Kind regards,
Mariana.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
#1 That should be ok.
#2 That shouldn't be an issue, as some people don't live together till they are married for religious, cultural or personal reasons.
#3 Your UK partner seems to meet the requirements under Cat A.
You need bank statement showing the salary being paid. If there is an equivalent of P60 (certificate of earnings and tax paid), it should be attached. All documents not in English must be professionally translated. This is a pain and will cost you, but you have no choice.
#4 If you are in work, you should attach one payslip and possibly employment letter. This has nothing to do with financial requirement.
#5 You have to be careful. Under Cat A, he must still be in work in Brazil when you apply. If he has already left his job, you can only apply under Cat B (if eligible) or wait until he has worked in his new UK job for 6 months. He should really stay put and be still working until you get your visa. We have had people whose visa was denied when Home Office found out their partner had already left their job or given their notice (they often check with employer). Or he can take a paid holiday in UK without quitting his job - this is what many people do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Joppa,

thank you very much for the quick reply. The information you gave us was very important!

We are trying to reorganize our schedule and a new problem came up:

As my companion can't leave his job until I get my visa he will have to wait for me.
In that case he won't have enough time to get to the UK and rent and apartment for us, so we won't have that document to attach.
On the other hand, he can't rent the apartment in advance if it's not certain I'll get the visa and whether I'll have permition to come along.

We could also get an letter of invitation from a friend of the family saying we will be her guests for a short period of time until we find a proper flat. Is that enough?

What is the best way to proceed in this case?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Mariana.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Either he takes a paid holiday and get accommodation organised in UK, or use your friend's place. To do so, you need, apart from invitation letter, proof of ownership such as land registry tile certificate, proof of occupation like utility bill and preferably property inspection report to certify it won't be overcrowded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.