Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm goint to apply for the join family in the uk visa soon, and I've got a few questions about the documents.

Knowledge of English
I have taken an IELTS (Academic version), can I use it in the visa application or do I need to take the IELTS Life Skills? (I’ve got the level required and the test is still valid).

Payslips
We're going to send weekly payslips, so should the last one be from less than 28 days ago? And is it from the day I hand the documents in or from which day?

Sending the documents
Silly question, but can’t find the answer… Do I hand all the documents when I go for the biometrics appointment? If not, when is it?

Visa processing time
Should I count the days from the biometrics, online application or from when?

Communication
We text on whatsapp every day, is it ok to send some screenshots of it? Could also send a few texts on SMS and facetime calls copy..

Accommodation proof
My fiancé shares a house with a friend, they rent it. Is it enough to send a recent council tax and a letter from the landlord saying he lives there and that I can live there as well? I’ve read somewhere the accommodation should have one room per person who lives there, and it has, but how should we prove it?! Is it good enough if the landlord says in the letter how many rooms there are in the house?

Letters
Is it better to notarize all the letters?! (eg.: landlord and our cover letters)

Employment proof
Is it necessary to get a letter from my fiancés work saying he works there? Or just the payslips are enough?

Registered address
My fiancé is not registered in his current address, but in his old one, is it better to change it before the visa application?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, another question: Should I send all the documents from Brazil or should my fiancé send it from the UK?
Thank in advance, any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Payslips - Within 28 days the application is submitted, so the date you hit "sign and declare" on the online application

Sending documents - Sorry I don't know about this for Brasil, but I believe you will have to send the documents yourself to Sheffield UK

Visa processing time - From the date the application is received at the decision making centre, but it doesn't make much sense to start counting days unless you want to drive yourself mad. Just make a note of the milestone dates (date you applied online, date of biometrics, date application was received at the decision making centre). It would only matter if your application goes more than 12 (working) weeks without a decision

Communication - I would normally say yes, but I think the new official stance is that communication evidence doesn't need to be sent. So this differs from the application requirements I'm used to seeing

Accommodation - Should also have a property inspection report performed. You will also need permission from the landlord and tenancy agreement, along with a council tax statement or utility bill in your partner's name

Letters - Notarisation is not needed

Employment - Letter from employer is a required document. Don't apply without this. It should state your fiancé's terms of employment (full time, part time, contract, etc.), salary/wage, and start date/length of employment. Don't forget corresponding bank statements which show each payslip's deposit into their account. These all need to be originals.

Address - I don't know what you mean by "registered". The accommodation evidence should be enough

As for sending documents, it doesn't matter who sends them, but usually the British partner sends their financial documents to the applicant, and the applicant sends everything together

Reactions: FA92

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The council tax statement and utility bills are not in my partners name, but in the landlords.. Should we still send them? Thank you very much in advance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.