Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

So I have been invited to apply for 189 on the round of 6th July, with 65 points, for the 2613 occupation.

I have some questions though, and would appreciate some advice:

1. This might sound silly, but after I click that APPLY button in my EOI, am I actually applying and have to pay my fee right away? Or I can submit it later, after I put all documents together, and then I pay the fee?

2. I saw lots of people saying they sent their police cleareance documents after the application. But the documents checklist for the application tells me to send that with my application. Do I need this now, or I can wait for the CO to ask that?

3. The same checklist asks me to provide evidence of financial dependency of my children to me. What kind of evidence are they expecting here? My youngest daughter, for instance, is less than 2 years old, she does not even go to school yet. Should I send a copy of my income tax declaration showing they are my dependants?

4. If I do send my income tax declaration for the above purpose, it will show that I financially support one of my grandmothers, who are NOT migrating with me, nor she currently lives with me or ever did. Will I need to send any documents like PCC for her, since she is technically a dependant?

5. I will have to pay a second installment, since my wife does not speak English. I learned that such fee will entitle her to an english course once we get to Australia. Is that correct? Does it also entitle my youngest daughter to go to a daycare while my wife is taking classes?

6. Still regarding the second installment, once the decision regarding to grant the visa to me is done, do I have to pay it right away? Or I can wait one month or two until I raise the money?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hello everyone,

So I have been invited to apply for 189 on the round of 6th July, with 65 points, for the 2613 occupation.

I have some questions though, and would appreciate some advice:

1. This might sound silly, but after I click that APPLY button in my EOI, am I actually applying and have to pay my fee right away? Or I can submit it later, after I put all documents together, and then I pay the fee?

2. I saw lots of people saying they sent their police cleareance documents after the application. But the documents checklist for the application tells me to send that with my application. Do I need this now, or I can wait for the CO to ask that?

3. The same checklist asks me to provide evidence of financial dependency of my children to me. What kind of evidence are they expecting here? My youngest daughter, for instance, is less than 2 years old, she does not even go to school yet. Should I send a copy of my income tax declaration showing they are my dependants?

4. If I do send my income tax declaration for the above purpose, it will show that I financially support one of my grandmothers, who are NOT migrating with me, nor she currently lives with me or ever did. Will I need to send any documents like PCC for her, since she is technically a dependant?

5. I will have to pay a second installment, since my wife does not speak English. I learned that such fee will entitle her to an english course once we get to Australia. Is that correct? Does it also entitle my youngest daughter to go to a daycare while my wife is taking classes?

6. Still regarding the second installment, once the decision regarding to grant the visa to me is done, do I have to pay it right away? Or I can wait one month or two until I raise the money?

Sam
Answers to some of your questions:
1. Applying means paying the visa fees, you need to do that first, documents can be uploaded later as well.
2. You can upload you PCC at a later date as well (or wait till your CO asks for it). It is not necessary to upload it at the time of applying for the visa.

Reactions: sweiss

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts

Sam
Evidence of financial dependency with respect to children is only required for children 18 and over. If you have a 2 year old child, it's obvious that it is dependent on you since it cannot survive on its own. The birth certificate documentation proves the relationship between you/your spouse and the child.

If the grandmother is a non-migrating dependent then they will need to provide a PCC/medicals.

The second instalment for English does allow your spouse to attend English classes through AMES. There is no 'free' daycare in Australia and, although it is partially subsidised by the government, there is still a significant cost. The second instalment must be paid before the visa is granted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear experts,

After some consideration on my question 5 (my wife's English level) I realized I might have been too eager to get the visa soon and neglected some preparation. A 4.5 on IELTS is an easy mark to get, if she studies a bit, after all. And there are some other personal issues too (i.e. raising the money to survive there while I look for a job).

So, my question is:

If I allow my invitation to expire so I can prepare better, will I be able to get another 189 invitation anytime in the future? Will the same EOI do, or I'll have to create a new one? Or will they somehow flag my name and don't send me an invitation anymore?

·
Registered
30 Posts

You can click the apply button and will be asked to create immi account. In the immi account you can work on your application and save it for later. when you finish everything and ready to submit you will be asked to pay the fee. If you don't pay the fee the application status ll turn to 'ready to submit'.

2. I saw lots of people saying they sent their police cleareance documents after the application. But the documents checklist for the application tells me to send that with my application. Do I need this now, or I can wait for the CO to ask that?[/QUOTE]

it is advisable to have those documents ready and uploaded once your application is lodged so as to minimise the time but in some instances it is better to wait for the CO to ask for it as certain visas take longer than a year to process.

3. The same checklist asks me to provide evidence of financial dependency of my children to me. What kind of evidence are they expecting here? My youngest daughter, for instance, is less than 2 years old, she does not even go to school yet. Should I send a copy of my income tax declaration showing they are my dependants?[/QUOTE]

If the child has birth certificate showing you and your wife's name as parents then there is no need to show financial dependency. But if the child is adopted or a step child or the child is older than 18 years then you may need to provide adoption papers, custody papers and financial dependency respectively.

4. If I do send my income tax declaration for the above purpose, it will show that I financially support one of my grandmothers, who are NOT migrating with me, nor she currently lives with me or ever did. Will I need to send any documents like PCC for her, since she is technically a dependant?[/QUOTE]

Dependant includes your spouse, your children and step children with legal custody. all the rest, you have to prove their dependency to you.

5. I will have to pay a second installment, since my wife does not speak English. I learned that such fee will entitle her to an english course once we get to Australia. Is that correct? Does it also entitle my youngest daughter to go to a daycare while my wife is taking classes?[/QUOTE]

After you lodge your visa and if you are unable to provide functional English for your wife, the CO will ask you to pay the second instalment without which you will not be granted the visa.

6. Still regarding the second installment, once the decision regarding to grant the visa to me is done, do I have to pay it right away? Or I can wait one month or two until I raise the money? [/QUOTE]

The money will need to be paid before the grant and not after.

Reactions: sweiss

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Ecnediser_P! Have you seen my last question, in my previous reply to this post? I would appreciate some thoughts on that too...

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Dear experts,

After some consideration on my question 5 (my wife's English level) I realized I might have been too eager to get the visa soon and neglected some preparation. A 4.5 on IELTS is an easy mark to get, if she studies a bit, after all. And there are some other personal issues too (i.e. raising the money to survive there while I look for a job).

So, my question is:

If I allow my invitation to expire so I can prepare better, will I be able to get another 189 invitation anytime in the future? Will the same EOI do, or I'll have to create a new one? Or will they somehow flag my name and don't send me an invitation anymore?
You don't have to let go of your invitation just for the spouse IELTS. She can try and get it done quickly now (try PTE which has faster outcomes) in a month or so before a case officer is allocated to your application.

If you choose to let the invite lapse, then it will get picked up again in the subsequent rounds. No, they won't flag or differentiate your EOI. It will stand an equal chance just like any other EOI in their system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts