Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

We live in springs in type 3E. (3 bedroom end unit)

Looking for ideas or suggestions to cover the awkwardly shaped windows in the main bedroom. They are the 3 square ones two of which open.

I am trying to do it as cheaply as possible that will be as black out as possible. What have you guys done? Any pics and suggestions welcome.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Those really are just annoying pointless windows!

Don't live in the springs any more, but what I did was to get 3 canvas style pictures (from home center or somewhere like that) that are just a bit bigger than the windows, put a wooden batten up at the top of each window and hang the pictures from those. Behind the picture I used a small piece of ply cut to fit the window and put that in to block the light from it (painted the ply white so it looked OK when seen from the outside)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Have covered ours with aluminum foil cut to perfectly fit the window so it can be opened if needed.
This also reflects the heat to a degree.

All you can see from the outside is dull silver so it does not look out of place.

Cheap, quick and effective.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Those windows look pretty pointless and weird!
For the majority of time they are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

But, when its cooler out there they are quite handy to open up to let the cooler air in without giving the neighbors a birds eye view of your bits. :heh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apologies have been back in the usa so havn't had a chance to reply but many thanks for the suggestions.

Well we're going for the canvas prints idea. Think they look the best and aren't too pricey.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts