Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All -

My husband and I are planning to apply for our spouse visa around the end of August and there were a few things I was unsure of.

Regarding sending the supporting docs off to Sheffield - I (the applicant) live in the US and my husband (sponsor) lives in the UK. Originally, I was planning on sending all my documents to him, he would add in all of his paperwork and then send it from there to Sheffield. However, I was just looking on the VFS website and its looking like I will need to be the one sending all the supporting docs from the US straight to Sheffield.

I was wondering how others have done this? Is it required that I send everything out from here? Or can I send my docs to my husband and then he would send it to Sheffield? Might seem like a dumb question, but I am just trying to make sure we have all our ducks in a row before jumping into this blindly.

I would appreciate anyone's insight on this. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
There is no problem with you sending the documents to him and him mailing them to Sheffield. The only thing is the documents then need to be returned from Sheffield directly to you. So you must provide the return postage.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply, Salix. Was also wondering about the VFS global site. We are planning to apply with priority service. So with the return waybill, is that included in the priority payment? Or is that a separate charge as well? The site is a bit confusing, so just trying to make sure we do this properly. I know I'll need to print out the receipt for priority service and include that in the docs we send to Sheffield. I'm assuming the waybill is something different.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
The way bill is something different and not included in Priority Processing which simply puts your application ahead of Non-Priority applications. You can either pay for the return service provided through VFS or arrange it on your own through DHL or UPS.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I thought it would be something separate. I just wanted to double check. Thanks for the information. I'm not sure who we will use for the shipping. I'm guessing just a standard return shipping label is what is required if we were to use DHL or UPS? Of course include a return envelope as well. I suppose I would just write my return mailing information on the envelope so they can just put our returned docs and passport right in to send back to me?

·
Registered
29 Posts
We applied to Sheffield about 2 months ago for spouse visa, non-priority. My husband had half of the documents in Scotland, and I had half here. As I am quite anal and wanted to make sure everything was in the right order, and I had copies of it in the same order etc, I had him send me everything. I then went through the site and did a shipping bill to them, and a return at cost of $180ish. It is shipped with UPS. I attached shipping label to envelope, and return label was inside with all of the original documents, along with the biometrics, NHS receipt and passports.
I was told by my solicitor that we had to use DHL or UPS and it was just more convenient to set everything up with their provided link.
Good luck!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.