Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Please help me with the following question:

One of my previous employer is not ready to give me work reference letter/statuary declaration, is fine to get this done by a colleague who is not working in this company at the moment (but was full time employee when I was working with this employer)?

Kindly let me know

Thanks in anticipation!

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Yes, you can get his reference provided:
- He is not a junior colleague.
- Was working there at least until you quit.
- Was working with you and was aware of (and hence can vouch for) your roles and responsibilities.

I have done the same. Ensure that you ask him to clearly state the fact about his position, his dates, his work relation with you, and also state that he is authoring the document as a work colleague.

Mine reads somewhat on these lines:

I do solemnly declare that ... blah blah ... and was employed on a full time basis from --- to ---. Mr. xyz's designation at the time of resignation was <My_Position> and was working full time with me as his work colleague. I myself was employed at ... between --- to --- as <Colleagues_Position>.

However, note that should I be questioned by DIBP later about why I did not provide a declaration from a senior instead, I have satisfactory answers to the same- like me being almost the senior most person there with only the founders and finance people more senior to me, and they couldn't really declare about my technical skills, etc. There were some in between, but they never served any sufficiently longer periods of employment there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
reference letter

Hi , every one..

can any one of you kind ppl plz help me with this confusion:

I read some where that the reference letter should be signed either by your senior/supervisor or your HR manager.

well my issue is that my Hr manager is willing to give me a letter with dates only (without details) while my supervisor is willing to give me a reference letter on the letterhead with all the details . so if i get a detailed reference letter/ experience certificate from my supervisor on the companies letter head instead of HR manager, then would th8 be enough. will it fulfill condition of reference letter.

Statuary declaration is still required.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi , every one..

can any one of you kind ppl plz help me with this confusion:

I read some where that the reference letter should be signed either by your senior/supervisor or your HR manager.

well my issue is that my Hr manager is willing to give me a letter with dates only (without details) while my supervisor is willing to give me a reference letter on the letterhead with all the details . so if i get a detailed reference letter/ experience certificate from my supervisor on the companies letter head instead of HR manager, then would th8 be enough. will it fulfill condition of reference letter.

Statuary declaration is still required.
The one from your supervisor with all the details and dates on company letter head is sufficient. SD not required in this case.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The one from your supervisor with all the details and dates on company letter head is sufficient. SD not required in this case.
Thnx keeDa ..
there is one more thing i need to clarify, my supervisor is one grade senior to me .. i mean he is deputy director and i am assistant director...is he okay to for the reference letter or is there any specific level of supervisor who can give the letter?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Thnx keeDa ..
there is one more thing i need to clarify, my supervisor is one grade senior to me .. i mean he is deputy director and i am assistant director...is he okay to for the reference letter or is there any specific level of supervisor who can give the letter?
The only requirements are:
- The author should not be a junior colleague.
- Should have served in the organization during the same period as you are getting assessed, but not less (and thus can vouch for your skills and responsibilities for the entire period)- i.e. shouldn't be the case that he started work there after you or quit before you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Guys,

Please help me with the following question:

One of my previous employer is not ready to give me work reference letter/statuary declaration, is fine to get this done by a colleague who is not working in this company at the moment (but was full time employee when I was working with this employer)?

Kindly let me know

Thanks in anticipation!

Cheers!
I remember one of our expat, got such letter from ex colleque and got the grant. As Keeda pointed out, you need to mention that person's current and previous company details. It would be more authentic if you were actually reporting to him or worked for the same team.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only requirements are:
- The author should not be a junior colleague.
- Should have served in the organization during the same period as you are getting assessed, but not less (and thus can vouch for your skills and responsibilities for the entire period)- i.e. shouldn't be the case that he started work there after you or quit before you.

I am unable too get a declaration from a senior who has joined before me. One of my friends with same designation as mine has joined on the exact date as i have. Please suggest if that eill help. My lead has joined three organization two years after me. Will that declaration be ok?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I am unable too get a declaration from a senior who has joined before me. One of my friends with same designation as mine has joined on the exact date as i have. Please suggest if that eill help. My lead has joined three organization two years after me. Will that declaration be ok?
If your friend is at the same designation/ level as you are, works with you, is aware of your skills and responsibilities, can vouch for them on a non-judicial notarized declaration, then yes, you can provide that. Read post#2 of this thread for the sample/ template.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Work experience letter from ex-manager for the current company

Hi All,

One of my friend want to apply 189 visa under Business analyst code. He is working for the same company more than last 10 years. As per the company policy he can't get reference letter from the employer. And He is not able to get statutory declaration from his colleague as he is the senior most person in his team and working as (vice president). His manager was recently resigned from his company and he is willing to give statutory declaration.

Is there any problem if he get stat dec from his manager who is recently resigned from the current company.

He is having all the documents like payslip, joining letter, work experience letter from his company, etc.

Regards
Reca

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi All,

One of my friend want to apply 189 visa under Business analyst code. He is working for the same company more than last 10 years. As per the company policy he can't get reference letter from the employer. And He is not able to get statutory declaration from his colleague as he is the senior most person in his team and working as (vice president). His manager was recently resigned from his company and he is willing to give statutory declaration.

Is there any problem if he get stat dec from his manager who is recently resigned from the current company.

He is having all the documents like payslip, joining letter, work experience letter from his company, etc.

Regards
Reca
Your friend has no other way but to get the SD from the ex-manager. Make sure that the ex-manager writes down all the facts including his end-date and make sure that your friend gets assessment for (and later claims skilled work experience for) only the period up to this end-date. State other facts as well- about your friend being the senior most now and thus inability to produce any other SD from anyone else, and the company policy not allowing for such a reference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I had worked for 3 companies and wish to know if 1 statutory declaration per company (so total 3 statutory declaration ) would be fine for ACS Process submission.

Please confirm.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Yes, at least one per company. If in one company, you served under 2 managers, then that would be 2 statutory declarations from those 2 managers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
where do we have to state the reason for providing statutory and not reference letter , other details etc , .....in the statutory itself ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
where do we have to state the reason for providing statutory and not reference letter , other details etc , .....in the statutory itself ?
SD need not carry the reason. When you are providing a SD it's implicitly assumed that you are unable to get a reference letter from organisation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, he can get the stat dec on stamp paper from anyone who was his supervisor/manager/senior in his company. That person does NOT need to be working in the same company at the time of getting the stat dec signed. Just make sure that the contact details as correct, so that in case they do a reference check, they can reach him.

Most companies don't give the reference letter. Here is what I did from my prev org after getting stat decl signed by my previous manager. Ask the HR to give a letter on the company letter head stating the relationship between you (employee with empID) and the manager who signed the stat dec (manager with empID), along with start & end date of employment and job title. This will confirm officially that yes the manager who signed your stat decl is indeed your manager and was in the right position to verify your roles & responsibilities in the company. This will make the employment proof very solid.

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

Regards
Reca

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is stamp paper mandatory , or regular A4 ok for statutory
Yes, it is mandatory to get the stat decl on a stamp paper and then notarized. 20 Rs paper will do.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts