Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As per DIAC rules, PCC is required from the country where you have stayed for more than a year. I stayed in Denmark for 11 months and I thought that no PCC will be required from Denmark for me.

But my agent told me that CO usually asks for PCC even if you have stayed in a country for less than a year. So, he has asked me to arrange for PCC from Denmark.

Has it happened to any one that PCC has been asked for a stay less than a year ? If yes, then is there any way to convice CO to process the application without PCC ?

Thanks,
Mohit

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi,

As per DIAC rules, PCC is required from the country where you have stayed for more than a year. I stayed in Denmark for 11 months and I thought that no PCC will be required from Denmark for me.

But my agent told me that CO usually asks for PCC even if you have stayed in a country for less than a year. So, he has asked me to arrange for PCC from Denmark.

Has it happened to any one that PCC has been asked for a stay less than a year ? If yes, then is there any way to convice CO to process the application without PCC ?

Thanks,
Mohit
Hi Mohit,

Yes, same issue happened in my case when I was required to furnish PCC for a country where I stayed for only 213 days. I have asked my agent to send the CO a request for the waiver of this requirement and he did the same.

I am still awaiting the response from CO on this and will let you know with the outcome.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hi, As per DIAC rules, PCC is required from the country where you have stayed for more than a year. I stayed in Denmark for 11 months and I thought that no PCC will be required from Denmark for me. But my agent told me that CO usually asks for PCC even if you have stayed in a country for less than a year. So, he has asked me to arrange for PCC from Denmark. Has it happened to any one that PCC has been asked for a stay less than a year ? If yes, then is there any way to convice CO to process the application without PCC ? Thanks, Mohit
There have been instances where people have had to get PCCs from countries where they have lived for 11 months or more. Doesn't always happen but it is at the CO's discretion. Nothing you can do aside from applying for the PCC and waiting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts