Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My wife's visa runs out in 2 weeks. We are looking to apply by next week via the postal method. She came in 2014 via category A + D which we had no issues with getting her visa.

We have the IHS number and all our documents are pretty much ready. Unfornately
I have some small worries which I will explain.

We are applying again via Cat a + cat d. The savings I had been given were a gift from my mother which I used on the original entry to the uk visa. I still have these but my mother has transferred some money into my account quite recently.

However, this is were it gets confusing. The money which has been transferred into my account has come from an overseas account which was in GBP sterling. The money is a substantial amount which part of is a gift to me. I am not relying on this money To meet the requirement as I meet it with the money used at entry. The only reason for transfer was because it was easier to transfer it into my account then to her British account while she was in the country the account was in.

She tried before and transferred some of the money into her uk account which she was successful with. The second time the bank which the rest of the money was in refused so she had to visit the bank in person to withdraw it. This meant flying to the country the bank was. So because she was there she was unable to access her IBAC account no, to transfer the rest which isn't a gift into her own account. So it was easier to transfer into mine and me transfer the sum which isn't a gift into her uk account. We are both with the same uk bank.

They gave a printed statement showing the transaction into my account although it isn't officially stamped. The money was from the withdrawal of bonds she had. The reason for withdrawel was that she needed it as she is wanting to purchase a property. She has since closed the account. They also destroyed the cheque book she used to withdraw the money to transfer into my account.

Some of this money which wasn't a gift to me I have transferred into her account. The sum of money which is remaining has not been in my account for 6 months as it was only recently transacted. She has the original photocopy of the cheque used to withdraw from the overseas account into her bank and also the photocopy of the refused cheque along with a letter from her uk bank account.

I plan on showing all these with the deceleration of the original gift as well as this. Although I am not relying on this new money to be part of the financial requirement I am meeting if that makes sense?

In other words I am worried the ECO may think there is some sort of fishy business going on and that my wife's FLR(m) may well be refused. Mostly due to the fact the statement for the overseas account bears no stamp and is printed. My mothers name is printed on my statements showing that the transactions did come from her.

If anyone has any inputs about this scenario please do give them. I'm sorry for the long read.

Lastly, my wife and I had a stillbirth but now we have a healthy child. Would we need to include the stillbirth death certificate in the "cohabilitation" part of the visa? Or is it better to leave it out.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I'm not sure you should give evidence of transactions which are inconsequential to the amount used toward the financial requirement. If I'm reading the situation correctly, you still have in this account the original funds you relied upon for the initial visa, and the transfers thereafter are in addition to the required amount? If you look at the situation objectively, does supplying more evidence make your financial stance more confusing? I know that the source of funds and individual transfers are susceptible to some scrutiny when relying upon cash savings, but it's difficult to say if this will really be cause for refusal or something the ECO would want to further investigate. I would probably recommend supplying the same (updated) evidence you used for initial entry clearance, and not going down the rabbit hole of trying to explain a confusing transaction. This is just my opinion...

Regarding the stillbirth death certificate... Unless you really need it to bolster your cohabitation evidence, you should leave it out. It would be regarded as any other form of official correspondence, but it's deeply personal and I think it would be preferable to use NHS letters/bank statements/utility bills/etc. if you can.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi clever-octopus and thanks for your reply. I see where you are coming from, the issue is the 6 months bank statements I am Including with the flrm application show the new amounts of money coming into my account from my mothers oversea account. Again, I am not relying on this money at all but I just don't want the eco thinking there is something wrong with these funds entering the account and not being explained for.

I am worried if I don't provide an explanation and they ask regarding it I can prove it but I don't want the application decision taking longer then it necessarily needs to.

I have nhs, bank statements and utility bills to prove the cohabilitation with my wife so that isn't an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.