Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a question about employment reference check. I have experince letter of my previous employer with roles and responsibilities mentioned on that.But they have just signed it (no stamping done). Is stamping required?

One more question, what does CO/ACS asks when they call to any company for crosscheck. I'm asking this because I have called them asking whether they will provide reference when Aus CO call but they denied. I'm afraid if they say something wrong then I would loose those experience points. I have all letters like offer,appointment,experience,appraisal,salaryslips,bank statements,tax returns everything.

Please reply.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi,

I have a question about employment reference check. I have experince letter of my previous employer with roles and responsibilities mentioned on that.But they have just signed it (no stamping done). Is stamping required?

One more question, what does CO/ACS asks when they call to any company for crosscheck. I'm asking this because I have called them asking whether they will provide reference when Aus CO call but they denied. I'm afraid if they say something wrong then I would loose those experience points. I have all letters like offer,appointment,experience,appraisal,salaryslips,bank statements,tax returns everything.

Please reply.
Hello rujutaraval,

My views based on my experience and my letters.

1. I presume, stamping means any blue inked seals of the person name, address using rubber stamp ? (Well generally this skill letter should be printed on the letter head of the company and should be signed by the HR with his/her designation, contact desk phone number and email. Address of company will be printed in letterhead.)

In my case, one letter had the phone number and specifically said, "If you need any clarifications, please reach the undersigned on the following number".

However, one more company although gave in letter head, they do not have a phone number or email of the person signed it. I then went to the employer yesterday and met the HR Manager who has signed this and told her about my concern. In my case, it is tricky too, because, the company have been merged or acquired and the HR who has signed is new company HR, although my company HRs also work. So, when I reached this new HR yesterday, she said, ideally this is not correct, I shouldn't have signed it, but it should be signed by my old company HR. Then I made her understand saying that, management is same and now both are one company and you have my records. She told, yes it is ok no problem now, and said, they might have one copy with them of the same letter. Eventually, I told her, now the problem is, no contact details of you, then immediately she told me, she will write her number and email in the letter and give me. Then I suggested and requested her to actually provide me her business card, so that I will attach it with this letter, instead of manual writing of her number and email, because sometime, when we write any details apart from signature by hand in a printed letter, there is a chance that it might become invalid. She gracefully and immediately gave me her business card and gave me the consent to attach it with this letter.

2. I told her that, there might be verification, so they may call you. Anyhow, I told her that, I will keep her remembered or remind her through a call once CO gets allocated and the time when we can anticipate verification. She said, ok no problem, give me a call before that and I will remember you. She is the head HR of big company more than 20,000 employees. I was then cheered up, eventually she said, she will not get calls as she already give these kinds of letters to people and generally they don't do verification. I nodded and smiled and she too and we spoke for about 2 mins personally and she wished me luck, I thanked her so much for being so down to earth and I walked out with a smile and satisfaction.

So, generally DIAC do not do verification in "every" cases. In fact, since you have all documents that I have too, I am sure your application would look strong and not necessarily picked for verification. Coincidence between yours and my documents are exactly same, we have all documents.

Having said that, it is under the discretion of the CO, and sometime, on a random case they might go for verification, but since you have all possible documents, your things need not show a sign of doubt. "Doubt" is not the right word to use here, I don't know how to express it though.

Keep your documents notarized though. Unfortunately, my documents notarized do not have "True Copy" stamp, I am worried as many forum members emphasize to have it. Also, my ACS documents had "True Copy" and was accepted by ACS. Now the same notary have changed the seal with a simple "Attested Copy". I am worried because, even in the 1119 form, it clearly says "certified true copy of the original" should be mentioned. Or atleast "True copy" word.

However, my ACS documents have this true copy word. So mine would be mix of "true copy" and "attested copy' seals.

So, you need not have to worry as long as your letter is printed on letterhead with contact details of company and or HR who have signed it and also you will have that notarized to be safer.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jre05,

Thanks a lot for reply. In my case, the letter is signed by Executive director(all our letters are signed by him only) ,so obviously he didn't mention his phone number and emailid with his sign. However company's phone number and email id([email protected]) are printed on letterhead.

Now if DAIC calls/mails to printed number/mail and if they say something wrong,will DAIC still consider my experience with the other documents given?

Secondly,what I can do to add another reference from that company? Like my manager or somebody else?Do they need the reference on company's letterhead only?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi Jre05,

Thanks a lot for reply. In my case, the letter is signed by Executive director(all our letters are signed by him only) ,so obviously he didn't mention his phone number and emailid with his sign. However company's phone number and email id([email protected]) are printed on letterhead.

Now if DAIC calls/mails to printed number/mail and if they say something wrong,will DAIC still consider my experience with the other documents given?

Secondly,what I can do to add another reference from that company? Like my manager or somebody else?Do they need the reference on company's letterhead only?
Hello rujutaraval,

Please see if this thread helps you and or you can also ask expresso (Monika).

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-change-after-submitting-eoi.html#post1759833

Well, generally we cannot have desk or personal phone numbers of HR guys and or email IDs too. Most letters will not have this as they have a standard format. My instinct says, it will all be understood. However, if possible, reach out to your director and remind him about referring you (Take your letter signed by him and a copy). This you should do once CO gets allocated or once you have uploaded your documents. But these days CO gets allocated in 10 weeks or so or even higher, so we cannot say exactly when, and also once CO gets appointed to your case, you will not necessarily know this status of allocation, whether any appointed to your case or not. So, it is advisable to remind your director once you submit document as well as once you know your CO gets allocated. I would suggest you to first drop a professional email to him and then follow it up with a telephone call. However, this is not required, generally, it is not only for you or me they have applications. They (DIAC) should be logical enough to understand, the HR guys who signs the document need not necessarily be reached directly (Because they might be higher persons, or they might have changed to some other place or company and the reasons could be anything). Ideally, if you have all documents and atleast few colour copies, then they should be satisfied, and if they want to proceed with verification, apparently, there should be a standard process, and the question that you put up shouldn't be the case, because we do not do any fraud . So, just because if someone couldn't answer about your details will not mean that you are fraud, when actually you are genuine. The same question that you have is with me too and with so many people around the globe, things will not be that tough, so please do not fret.

This is my personal opinion. You can ask expresso(Monika) in the thread I gave you, similar discussions were going on. But I do not believe these things are that complicated. Again, everyone will say their opinions, but if I think logically, a case with your question subject to originality and genuineness apparently cannot be proved fraud at any legal circumstances atleast. If at worst case, CO says that somebody do not respond from our company, we should request time from CO and get that email from CO to our employer and meet the head HR and or in your case director and get things resolved by seeking a clarification email from employer and also a note to the CO for the misunderstandings. I would do it this way if I was in trouble, but I am sure, I will not be and so most people who are genuine won't be in trouble.

Sometime, we think too much (Like how I am worried about the seal of the notary, although it clearly says, he is notary and also his advocate line and registration number while only "True copy" is not printed on it)

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello rujutaraval,

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-change-after-submitting-eoi.html#post1759833

Well, generally we cannot have desk or personal phone numbers of HR guys and or email IDs too. Most letters will not have this as they have a standard format. My instinct says, it will all be understood. However, if possible, reach out to your director and remind him about referring you (Take your letter signed by him and a copy). This you should do once CO gets allocated or once you have uploaded your documents. But these days CO gets allocated in 10 weeks or so or even higher, so we cannot say exactly when, and also once CO gets appointed to your case, you will not necessarily know this status of allocation, whether any appointed to your case or not. So, it is advisable to remind your director once you submit document as well as once you know your CO gets allocated. I would suggest you to first drop a professional email to him and then follow it up with a telephone call. However, this is not required, generally, it is not only for you or me they have applications. They (DIAC) should be logical enough to understand, the HR guys who signs the document need not necessarily be reached directly (Because they might be higher persons, or they might have changed to some other place or company and the reasons could be anything). Ideally, if you have all documents and atleast few colour copies, then they should be satisfied, and if they want to proceed with verification, apparently, there should be a standard process, and the question that you put up shouldn't be the case, because we do not do any fraud . So, just because if someone couldn't answer about your details will not mean that you are fraud, when actually you are genuine. The same question that you have is with me too and with so many people around the globe, things will not be that tough, so please do not fret.

This is my personal opinion. You can ask expresso(Monika) in the thread I gave you, similar discussions were going on. But I do not believe these things are that complicated. Again, everyone will say their opinions, but if I think logically, a case with your question subject to originality and genuineness apparently cannot be proved fraud at any legal circumstances atleast. If at worst case, CO says that somebody do not respond from our company, we should request time from CO and get that email from CO to our employer and meet the head HR and or in your case director and get things resolved by seeking a clarification email from employer and also a note to the CO for the misunderstandings. I would do it this way if I was in trouble, but I am sure, I will not be and so most people who are genuine won't be in trouble.

Sometime, we think too much (Like how I am worried about the seal of the notary, although it clearly says, he is notary and also his advocate line and registration number while only "True copy" is not printed on it)

Best regards,
JR
Thanks JR,

I think you are right,I should not worry since I'm not doing any fraud and all the documents I will be providing will be colored printed(originals) and true copy/notarized.

Reactions: jre05

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hello rujutaraval,

Best regards,
JR
I am sorry for the wrong link, many parallel webpages are queued on my browser.

This is the right link, some similar fuss was going on today in this thread.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...121-diac-acs-reference-check.html#post1759609

Hope it is the right link of that thread that I was talking about.

Best regards,
JR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts