Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Here's my story- I completed civil engineering in 2010, worked for 11 months in that domain, did MBA from 2011-2013, and after that have worked in sales and operations. Currently COO of a startup, with total 5 years of work experience.

I was looking at the skills list, and I don't fit anywhere in the medium/long term list except in professional engineer (civil engineer) category. [I thought I could go for Engineering Manager but that requires work experience of 10+ years. Am I correct?]

So let's say I want to get my skills assessed by EA for Civil Engineer.

1) The relevant experience in this case would be only 11 months? And in my EOI, I can't claim points for 5 years of experience?
2) If the EA assessment comes out positive, how do I explain the gap from 2011 to 2017?

TIA.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hey folks,

Here's my story- I completed civil engineering in 2010, worked for 11 months in that domain, did MBA from 2011-2013, and after that have worked in sales and operations. Currently COO of a startup, with total 5 years of work experience.

I was looking at the skills list, and I don't fit anywhere in the medium/long term list except in professional engineer (civil engineer) category. [I thought I could go for Engineering Manager but that requires work experience of 10+ years. Am I correct?]

So let's say I want to get my skills assessed by EA for Civil Engineer.

1) The relevant experience in this case would be only 11 months? And in my EOI, I can't claim points for 5 years of experience?
2) If the EA assessment comes out positive, how do I explain the gap from 2011 to 2017?

TIA.
1. No.

2. Why you need to explain gap. You get invited for points not for gap or no gap.

In Form 80/1221/in EOI just mention your sales and operations and every job you did and mention them non relevant in EOI only as it applies.

Reactions: GR-D
1 - 2 of 2 Posts