Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Am just piecing together our new application for a spouse visa and one of the reasons for the previous refusal was the following -

"I note that you are proposing to live with your husband and your in-laws at their address. There are no proposals or evidence that you would be accommodated at any time in the near future at your own expense in adequate accommodation. I am therefore not satisfied that there will be adequately accommodation without recourse to public funds. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1)."

Now what can you do in regards to this? Ideally we would be moving out shortly once my wife is over and can gain potential employment. At the moment while I'm on my own there isn't really a need to move out as that would really leech whatever wages/savings I have!

Would this have purely been mentioned based on the grounds that they were doubting my income or would this be brought up regardless?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of documentation did you provide that you would be living with your parents?
Last time included a copy of the land registry and just a letter from the parents stating that it would be fine for us to stay with them until we were ready to move out.

What sort of documents could be provided?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
A council tax statement to prove that they actually live there, their mortgage statement and a property inspection to prove there will be no overcrowding.

Did you mention in your letter of sponsorship that this would be a temporary situation until you found accommodation of your own?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A council tax statement to prove that they actually live there, their mortgage statement and a property inspection to prove there will be no overcrowding.

Did you mention in your letter of sponsorship that this would be a temporary situation until you found accommodation of your own?
Ah sorry, forgot to mention that we did include a council tax statement and a property inspection report for the no overcrowding.

Fairly sure I mentioned that it would only be a temporary situation but not 100%!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Basically I'm certain than others are able to obtain the spouse visa whilst living with parents until further accommodation is possible.

So ideally what evidence can be included to show this?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately not, main reason for refusal is that they didn't see sufficient evidence of employment/wages.

Later I found out the reason for this was the immigration solicitor deemed the wage slips unnecessary and removed them!

So I'd say the reason was mainly for not meeting the financial requirement. Just working through all the reasons they listed though.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Living with family is fine and you seem to have provided the correct documentation. From the wording of the refusal it seems they weren't satisfied that you were eventually seek your own accommodation so I can only suggest that you make a point of it in your sponsor letter that you are making an effort by savings or whatever to move into your own place as soon as possible.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Living with family is fine and you seem to have provided the correct documentation. From the wording of the refusal it seems they weren't satisfied that you were eventually seek your own accommodation so I can only suggest that you make a point of it in your sponsor letter that you are making an effort by savings or whatever to move into your own place as soon as possible.
Haha it's a shame that I probably can't just point them at my savings account which I've named 'Housing Fund' where most of my wages have gone :p

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't you appeal and send in the missing documentation if you do in fact meet the financial requirement?
Oh I did appeal, then came the realization that I was horribly ill advised since you can't apply with two jobs of only 6 months...

This is pretty much why I have quite a personal dislike for these immigration solicitors now :p

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
That's really bad news :mad:

Hope you get it all done soon and get a positive result. I'm sure with the information from here you will be fine :D

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Haha it's a shame that I probably can't just point them at my savings account which I've named 'Housing Fund' where most of my wages have gone :p
Then you should definitely mention something like you are living with your parents so that you can save money to get a place of your own and elaborate on how close you are to your goal.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's really bad news :mad:

Hope you get it all done soon and get a positive result. I'm sure with the information from here you will be fine :D
Oh yeah, much much better with the information and people here! :D Just building up a checklist of documents from info on this site now.

My only concern at the moment is the matter of translating documents. Not only do I need to find someone to translate them, I need to work out the complete list of what needs translating! :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.