Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - my wife and I together with our 18 month old son are planning to move from Adelaide, Australia to Canada in March 2014 for a period of two years. I have applied for a working holiday visa, which I have received approval for, and my wife has applied for citizenship as her mother is a Canadian citizen. We put the citizenship application in in June but haven't heard anything, and have tried following up to ensure the application was received but haven't heard anything.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me or point me to the right information:
- does our 18 month old son (who will be almost two when we plan to leave) need a visa of any description?
- can we leave for Canada on my visa whilst my wife waits for her citizenship? If so, is there a maximum period of time she can be there?

Is there anything else we need to consider? From what I've read, it appears that the guard at the airport will be able to grant access to Canada to my wife and son on a temporary visitor permit for 6 months, but is there anything that can guarantee us access before we leave our jobs and pick up and leave?

Thanking you in advance,
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Not open for further replies.