Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm new to this forum and I have a question on my application.

I have lodged the visa application (189 with my wife as an dependant) on Jun 4th and I'm in process of uploading my documents. My questions are-

1. In the immigration website, (where there is an option to upload the documents) apart from the details for myself and my wife for uploading the documents, there is requirement for me to upload the PCC and medicals for my parents as well (both my dad and mom). Is this normal or Am I missing something?
I did not add my parents for visa and have paid the fees only for myself and my wife

2. When can the assignment of CO be expected? Is it usually after uploading the documents?

3. Is there any link or pointers to the medicals page? I tried browsing through but did not find much.

Any help would be highly appreciated. And please feel free to correct on my posts if I had violated any of the forum rules

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

IMO

1 - You might have marked your Parents as as Non-Migrating Dependents.

2 - CO is allocated in around 45-60 days (based on the current TREND) after VISA application is submitted by paying the Fees.

AFTER that CO take 2 weeks for processing an application. THEN in a months time after this you may except a GRANT IF everything is in place.

3 - Arranging a health examination

All The Best with your VISA application!

Hi
I'm new to this forum and I have a question on my application.

I have lodged the visa application (189 with my wife as an dependant) on Jun 4th and I'm in process of uploading my documents. My questions are-

1. In the immigration website, (where there is an option to upload the documents) apart from the details for myself and my wife for uploading the documents, there is requirement for me to upload the PCC and medicals for my parents as well (both my dad and mom). Is this normal or Am I missing something?
I did not add my parents for visa and have paid the fees only for myself and my wife

2. When can the assignment of CO be expected? Is it usually after uploading the documents?

3. Is there any link or pointers to the medicals page? I tried browsing through but did not find much.

Any help would be highly appreciated. And please feel free to correct on my posts if I had violated any of the forum rules

Reactions: nagagopal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeetan,Thanks for the prompt response. I have already submitted the application with my parents as non migrant dependent. Is it possible to modify the application now to skip these PCC/Medical Tests? I'm just trying to understand the need for PCC/Medical as they ll not be travelling with me.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You should submit the following form.

FORM 1023 | Notification of incorrect answer(s)

AND indicate that you included your parents in your VISA application as non-migrating dependents without knowing the exact rules/guidelines.

Other family members

Your family member will be considered dependent if all of the following apply:
they do not have a spouse or de facto partner

In your case BOTH parents are alive so THEY aren't dependent as per Australia IMMI Guidelines.

Jeetan,Thanks for the prompt response. I have already submitted the application with my parents as non migrant dependent. Is it possible to modify the application now to skip these PCC/Medical Tests? I'm just trying to understand the need for PCC/Medical as they ll not be travelling with me.

Thanks in Advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts