Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been spending a lot of time on here / google recently. i have enough supporting evidence for my appeal. i was about to fax it in to ait in a few hours, but i've been reading people say to contact them last. and to contact the embassy in which you originally applied first.

should i be mailing my appeal back to the new york office? or faxing it to loughborough?

if i am suppose to mail it back to the new york office should i send along my passport? (i read a lot of people did this)? or should i wait for further instructions?

sorry, i just want to do this last part right! last minute confusion here.

you guys are so helpful here, so many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39,247 Posts
so i've been spending a lot of time on here / google recently. i have enough supporting evidence for my appeal. i was about to fax it in to ait in a few hours, but i've been reading people say to contact them last. and to contact the embassy in which you originally applied first.

should i be mailing my appeal back to the new york office? or faxing it to loughborough?

if i am suppose to mail it back to the new york office should i send along my passport? (i read a lot of people did this)? or should i wait for further instructions?

sorry, i just want to do this last part right! last minute confusion here.

you guys are so helpful here, so many thanks in advance.
It's up to you whether to send to New York or UK. I'd mail it to NY, as sometimes they can uphold your appeal just by re-examing your paperwork without having to involve immigration appeal judge in UK.
Keep your passport until instructed to send it in when your appeal is successful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's up to you whether to send to New York or UK. I'd mail it to NY, as sometimes they can uphold your appeal just by re-examing your paperwork without having to involve immigration appeal judge in UK.
Keep your passport until instructed to send it in when your appeal is successful.
So I did mail it back to the NY office, and a a little over a week ago I was mailed back all of my documents saying they didn't deal with appeals and I had to forward it to the UK. That very morning I faxed it to the UK (february 28th). The following day they took payment out for my appeal (I checked my bank account).

But I haven't received any contact from then, and it's been a week since they took payment. I know appeals can take a while. My main question is how do they contact? E-mail, phone, letter? And when does contact usually happen? Any ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I did mail it back to the NY office, and a a little over a week ago I was mailed back all of my documents saying they didn't deal with appeals and I had to forward it to the UK. That very morning I faxed it to the UK (february 28th). The following day they took payment out for my appeal (I checked my bank account).

But I haven't received any contact from then, and it's been a week since they took payment. I know appeals can take a while. My main question is how do they contact? E-mail, phone, letter? And when does contact usually happen? Any ideas?
Hi Jessika,
Back in the summer when this happened to me I had a solicitior from here in the UK do all my appeal. I believe it went here in UK to the tribunal, then they contacted me via email and I had to send my passport to NY to have the visa put in. it was only a mtter of 2 weeks or so. From filing to me getting on the plane in Newark to come home to hubby!!!! Good luck and I hope this helped some!
Jennifer:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jessika,
Back in the summer when this happened to me I had a solicitior from here in the UK do all my appeal. I believe it went here in UK to the tribunal, then they contacted me via email and I had to send my passport to NY to have the visa put in. it was only a mtter of 2 weeks or so. From filing to me getting on the plane in Newark to come home to hubby!!!! Good luck and I hope this helped some!
Jennifer:)
jennifer -

thanks so much for replying! i hope this whole process happens quickly like yours did. it brings me higher hopes. it's terrible being separated from my husband! i'm so eager to hear back from them. i'll be sure to keep everyone posted. :)

- jessika

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.