Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
can anyone provide some guidance? Form 80 has a field which asks me to write my name in my language. I am not sure what to write - perhaps the Indian expats in this forum can help? our national language is hindi and mother tongue is bengali but we use English all the time and never really use either language for any formal / professional work. are we expected to fill it with Hindi or Bengali or English?
thanks Aurita

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi
can anyone provide some guidance? Form 80 has a field which asks me to write my name in my language. I am not sure what to write - perhaps the Indian expats in this forum can help? our national language is hindi and mother tongue is bengali but we use English all the time and never really use either language for any formal / professional work. are we expected to fill it with Hindi or Bengali or English?
thanks Aurita

You can leave it blank, that's what I did on form 1221.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi

Is this what you were talking about??

(a) Write your name in your own language or script. For Russian citizens, include Patronymic name
(b) Your name in Chinese commercial code numbers (if applicable)
(c) If you are of Arabic descent, write the full names of your paternal
grandfather (ie. your father’s father)

Leave it blank :) its not for us. Lemme know if u r stuck somewhere, u know how to reach me :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bannie, Anj
thanks.
Anj - i sure know how to reach you. Thanks to you, I actually got my SS :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
:) no thanx babe.. some things are meant to be.. and they do happen just when its time :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts