Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm going through the questions for appendix 2 for the VAF4A form. I have a question about part 2 "your accommodation and other details".

Just a bit of background, I'm currently living in a shared multi-occupancy property. However once my wife comes to the UK I plan on renting a private flat for ourselves, as soon as possible (within a few weeks of her arriving). Hence, my current plan is going on the prospective accommodation route with supporting evidence for the visa.

There is a question which states "Where do you and your sponsor plan to live in the UK?" I'm uncertain what to put for this, my current accommodation (as we will live there for a few weeks) and reference to planned future accommodation? Or future accommodation?

Your thoughts and ideas, much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
It will have to be your immediate living arrangement, which must meet the criteria for non-overcrowding, so a property inspection report is a must. It will make life a lot easier if you can move into a temporary accommodation such as living with parents or relatives before getting a place of your own.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that the place i'm currently living at does meet the critera for the overcrowding rule (if i've read them correctly). I live in a 3 bed house and there are three tenants including myself. With my wife that will be four. I have been cautious, I have approval from the landlord, an inventory report and a official copy of the title deed. I was going to submit these to cover all the bases.

For evidence of the prospective accommodation, is interesting as its yet to happen. I've got emails and leaflets from letting agents with properties in my price range, as well as screenshots and printouts from rightmove showing the number of properties availabe and type. What else would be useful?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
An inventory report-do you mean an inventory of the contents of the flat? If so, unnecessary. What you do need is a property inspection to officially verify that there is no overcrowding.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You don't need to send any details of prospective housing as you are planning for your partner to move into existing accommodation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Nyclon, Joppa

The report I have was done by an independant inventory services company. It details the condition of the property and each room in the property, the report highlights pictures of the rooms. There is no reference to contents. It basically highlights that the three bedroom property is in good condition. Do I need a more detailed report?

Apart from that, I only have a letter from the landlord confirming that there are three tenents.

Joppa - I'll skip the prospective housing evidence. Yay!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
That won't do. You need a property inspection report for immigration purposes, with requirement drawn up by Home Office and circulated among local councils that offer such a service (not all do). If you go to a third party such as a surveyor, make sure they are familiar with Home Office requirement and can draw up a report accordingly.
Example of a service offered by Manchester City Council:
What is a property inspection? | Immigration property inspection | Manchester City Council. They charge £110, which is typical.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh gosh, I think I got myself confused on the type of report I needed. Thanks for the heads up guys. I will look into this ASAP.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I called the local council and they advised that I go through an estate agent for the property inspection report! I'm going to forward them the link Joppa added here for them to follow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.