Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have some query on EOI.

I have 60 points as of now and my point should increase by 5 point in august as my experience will reach 8 years.

If I file EOI now then will I need to re-file EOI again in august ?

What would be procedure to get additional 5 points updated in EOI ?

do we fill experience during filing EOI or we just specify experience starting date ?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1. If I file EOI now then will I need to re-file EOI again in august ?
No. See #2 below.

2. What would be procedure to get additional 5 points updated in EOI ?
Leave the To-Date for your current employment blank in the EOI so that the system auto upgrades your points without you having to edit the EOI.

3. do we fill experience during filing EOI or we just specify experience starting date ?
I didn't quite understand your question, but, you are to fill your employer's name, location, designation, a short description of your duties performed (300 characters limit I think), start date, and end date (leave end date blank for current employment).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only one employment.

so I think you have answered my query that I will need to update EOI just need to leave To-Date for current employment blank in the EOI.

One more query...
How does it calculate EOI apply date ?

suppose I file EOI today with 60 points and next month my point increase to 65 then how does EOI file date automatically change.

As the EOI acceptance is based on EOI apply date if cut off marks is same, I need to understand it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

so I think you have answered my query that I will not need to update EOI just need to leave To-Date for current employment blank in the EOI.

One more query...

Suppose I file EOI today with 60 points and next month my point increase to 65 then how does EOI file date automatically change.

As the EOI acceptance is based on EOI apply date if cut off marks is same, I wanted to understand it.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts

so I think you have answered my query that I will need to update EOI just need to leave To-Date for current employment blank in the EOI.

One more query...

suppose I file EOI today with 60 points and next month my point increase to 65 then how does EOI file date automatically change.

As the EOI acceptance is based on EOI apply date if cut off marks is same, I need to understand it.
Your EOI date of effect will change to the date when points increase.

·
Registered
23,944 Posts

so I think you have answered my query that I will not need to update EOI just need to leave To-Date for current employment blank in the EOI.

One more query...

Suppose I file EOI today with 60 points and next month my point increase to 65 then how does EOI file date automatically change.

As the EOI acceptance is based on EOI apply date if cut off marks is same, I wanted to understand it.
Invites are issued based on date of effect not date of application

Every EOI application always has 2 dates attached to It
1. Date of application
2. Date of Effect

Your date of application is fixed on the date you apply and will never change, no matter what happens

It is the date of effect that will change every time you have a change of points.
So when you filed EOI today your date of application will be 22.06.17 and date of effect will also be 22.06.17
Now next month when your points change, your date of application will still be 22.06.17 but your date of effect will change to 01.07.17

So when ever DIBP needs to check the seniority of the applicants in case of equal points, it will check based on the date of effect and invite whomever has applied at the earliest.

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

One more query...

1. Date of application
2. Date of Effect

Your date of application is fixed on the date you apply and will never change, no matter what happens

It is the date of effect that will change every time you have a change of points.
So when you filed EOI today your date of application will be 22.06.17 and date of effect will also be 22.06.17
Now next month when your points change, your date of application will still be 22.06.17 but your date of effect will change to 01.07.17

So when ever DIBP needs to check the seniority of the applicants in case of equal points, it will check based on the date of effect and invite whomever has applied at the earliest.

Cheers
Thanks for detailed explanation!!!

So are you saying that "Date of effect" will change automatically change if my work experience will cross any of the defined milestone which generate additional point ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

One more query...

1. Date of application
2. Date of Effect

Cheers

So are you saying that "Date of effect" will change automatically change if my work experience will cross any of the defined milestone which generate additional point ?

Additionally, could you confirm that I (or the agent) will able to see that my "Date of effect" has been changed when we will login ?

·
Registered
23,944 Posts

Yes you are correct. The date of effect will change.

The agent or you when he logs in will be able to see that the date of effect has changed and so has the points

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Yes you are correct. The date of effect will change.

The agent or you when he logs in will be able to see that the date of effect has changed and so has the points

Cheers

Again clarification on your last point - are you saying that my EOI login will also give my exact current point ?

As I am applying through agent, need information in context of agent.

Again appreciating all information provided by you on it !!

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
Again clarification on your last point - are you saying that my EOI login will also give my exact current point ?

Everytime you login, you can check your points at that moment.

It can be seen by you and your agent

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Everytime you login, you can check your points at that moment.

It can be seen by you and your agent

Cheers
One last question --

Job start date should be the date given by ACS not the actual job start date..right ?

Does it contain only month and year not date ? Like for example: July 2009

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
One last question --

Job start date should be the date given by ACS not the actual job start date..right ?

Does it contain only month and year not date ? Like for example: July 2009
You have to give all the jobs you have done including those which have not been allowed by ACS
Just mark those portions as non relevant.
Then keep adding the ACS allowed jobs and mark them as relevant

The EOI is in DDMMYYYY format
You have to fill the exact dates

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts