Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm a newbie into this subject, to begin with.

I'm an ICT proffesional, working in Business Analysis aspect. I have already started my PR application process through a MARA agent here in Sri Lanka, currently in Skill Assessment Stage. Also I'm reading for my PTE targeting a 79 in all bands score.

I want to be clear in few things, so I will put them down here.

1. For 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) role, is it possible to apply for a subclass 190 (skilled-sponsored) visa ? is it available currently and what is the minimum points requirement and duration taken for visa processing ?

2. Is visa subclass 489 (for Tasmania) a good option ? what are the conditions in it?

Thank you all in advance for helping out !! :)

My current points tally is ;

* Age (27) - 30
* Degree (BSc. in MIS from University of Ireland) - 15
* PTE (8) - 20
* State Sponsorship - 5

Total = 70

-Sam

·
Registered
579 Posts
For the answers to your general queries, better to check the DIBP website which will give you the details.

1. Yes 190 is an option which you can use for the skill. Again DIBP site can give you details as to what skills come under the sub class. Ideally as per the trend on the forum, one can file an EOI for 189 and file another EOI for a 190 if you have selected a state already.
2. 489 is an option in case the skill is not present in the 190 list and also its a temp visa which has many differences.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the answers to your general queries, better to check the DIBP website which will give you the details.

1. Yes 190 is an option which you can use for the skill. Again DIBP site can give you details as to what skills come under the sub class. Ideally as per the trend on the forum, one can file an EOI for 189 and file another EOI for a 190 if you have selected a state already.
2. 489 is an option in case the skill is not present in the 190 list and also its a temp visa which has many differences.
Hi Rave,

Thanks for the reply.

How can I check whether there are invitations for my job role in visa subclass 190 ?

-Samaru

·
Registered
579 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts