Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and i would love to move to Canada, NS to be more precise, but we were wondering what we would need to do if we planned on working for our selves (self employed) .... possibly a B&B (employing eventually a Canadian)... how would we stand with healthcare, taxes, etc is it the same as the Uk and what would we need to apply visa wise?? ... can anyone help .. Please

Many thanks

Kaz :confused2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou so much for your replies.

Jackie i appreciate your help and suggestions very much and i shall be heading to check UK to Novo Scotia as soon as i have written back to you.
I will take a look Kelowna too

Again thankyou so very much for your reply and help :)

Kaz

·
Banned
709 Posts
Kelowna is a major destination for loads of baby boomer retirees, as a result, the cost of living and accommodation has gone through the roof. Kelowna currently carries the classification of severely unaffordable.

·
Banned
709 Posts
I wouldn't call it unaffordable G-Mo. House prices have lowered and there are some really good deals in and around the Okanagan area. Admittedly Penticton, I have to agree, there are a lot of retirees, but it isn't all baby boomers.
I didn't call it unaffordable, the International Housing Affordability Study did.

Kelowna is the number 1 retiree destination in Canada and has the fastest growing population of people over 65.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here in the UK i live in a quiet little town in Somerset, which is a much more laid back way of living than say Major Cities here such as London, Birmingham and Bristol for example, when i visit the major cities here it is sooooo stressful, which is why i chose NS, and of course it is very beautiful place, I am not sure that i would enjoy living in a major city but would definately look outside of one. I am open to suggestions and i do appreciate any help and advice that you guys can give after all you guys are the experts, which is why i came here 1st :)

Thankyou again for all your help,

Kaz xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.