Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fit like all?,
we are currently in the prosess of visa/moving to oz, we're from a small city in the north east of scotland.
Myself 32, my wife 33 and our 2 children 6 years and 2 years, we're hoping someone could give us some insight to the surrounding suburbs of brisbane.
Somewhere not too expencive, lots of things to do, good schools, decent nightlife etc etc we have been looking at redcliffe but im unsure if this ticks all our boxs! and i have been looking online at differant suburbs and not really getting anywhere.

thanks in advance

j

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recliffe

fit like all?,
we are currently in the prosess of visa/moving to oz, we're from a small city in the north east of scotland.
Myself 32, my wife 33 and our 2 children 6 years and 2 years, we're hoping someone could give us some insight to the surrounding suburbs of brisbane.
Somewhere not too expencive, lots of things to do, good schools, decent nightlife etc etc we have been looking at redcliffe but im unsure if this ticks all our boxs! and i have been looking online at differant suburbs and not really getting anywhere.

thanks in advance

j
I am not sure that Redcliffe has heaps of night life, but its a nice area esp with little kids. The beach is not a 'surf' beach but those are close by. But there is a lovely children's play area along the explanade with wading pools, etc.Any of the suburbs on the northside are family friendly, jsut that some of them not so good for trains/buses etc.
But as in all countries nearer you are to the city the more expensive, I like Redcliffe, but thats only my opinion.
I have lived here from UK for 30 years

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that...yea i understand redcliffe is a little quiet, where would be the nearest place to redcliffe that has nightlife? such as a few pubs, places to eat etc? anything in taxi range? or will we have to take the car to get anywhere?

ta
j

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks for that...yea i understand redcliffe is a little quiet, where would be the nearest place to redcliffe that has nightlife? such as a few pubs, places to eat etc? anything in taxi range? or will we have to take the car to get anywhere?

ta
j
Hi, there are quite a few pubs and places to eat, no worries there, I was not sure what you meant by night life. For clubs etc would have to go into the city. Taxi from the city would be a bit exe, but no so bad if you shared. etc. Redcliffe is alright, lots people never go into the city from there as its all there for them. Also can go up the sunshine coast from there quite easily, lots of night life there :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts