Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask about jewelry, diamonds to be specific.

Looking to buy engagement ring and wanted to ask Quality and Pricewise, how does it compare to jewelry in States. I am asking this because i will be travelling to States in January.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wanted to ask about jewelry, diamonds to be specific.

Looking to buy engagement ring and wanted to ask Quality and Pricewise, how does it compare to jewelry in States. I am asking this because i will be travelling to States in January.
I have never been to US but as far as I think you'll find the best jewelry for competitive price here in Dubai.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Recently (June) came over here permanently from Dallas, Texas.

From my point of view it dosen't get much better than the Middle East prices (Oman in particular)

Cheers

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I think Damas always bring up something cool. check them out..
So how good is Damas? I mean i have no idea thats why i ask.
Not too sound too shallow but how is it ranked i mean. Can u say proudly " I got it from Damas" and not hear back " you cheapo" :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
traditionally speaking...jewlery from the middle east is looked upon as being a superior product! in the states they always overcharge or not as nice. Even the big names from the states like "tiffany" are owned by Damas here. so i wouldnt say damas is the best but shop around and ask questions...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
traditionally speaking...jewlery from the middle east is looked upon as being a superior product! in the states they always overcharge or not as nice. Even the big names from the states like "tiffany" are owned by Damas here. so i wouldnt say damas is the best but shop around and ask questions...
yeah thats what im going to do, look around first.
Being a noob when it comes to diamonds, if i was in states, probalby i would head out to Key Jewelry or smthing like that :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.