Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hope to hear response from you.

I have basically few question before submitting VISA application through SkillSelect.

As i am supposed to apply at the end of this week under 190 VISA and have 60 points including NSW nomination. I would be 40 on 1st August so, will they consider my age points during VISA grant day or submitting day.

My spouse does not fulfill English functional requirement as of now so, i need to pay functional English cost before application or it could be paid later

What if, i fill application only for myself and get the VISA and when i settled there then i should start the procedure of getting spouse there.

If VISA granted, can i enter once in Sydney for a week and back to continue with my current job, unless i don't get suitable job there.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi,
What I suggest for point 1 ,3 and 4 is marked inline. I hope someone more senior can answer your other points.

Hi All,

Hope to hear response from you.

I have basically few question before submitting VISA application through SkillSelect.

As i am supposed to apply at the end of this week under 190 VISA and have 60 points including NSW nomination. I would be 40 on 1st August so, will they consider my age points during VISA grant day or submitting day.
I Think the points will freeze once you receive an invite so any changes after that will not affect your VISA application.
If you have received an invitation to lodge a VISA Application then you need to submit within 60 days. any changes in points should not affect your application.

My spouse does not fulfill English functional requirement as of now so, i need to pay functional English cost before application or it could be paid later
Not Sure.

What if, i fill application only for myself and get the VISA and when i settled there then i should start the procedure of getting spouse there.
its better to apply together as offshore VISA cost is very high compared to what you have to pay for dependents now. if you apply VISA now for yourself and for your spouse later once you settle the VISA Fees is very high and from july onwards wil be increased further.

If VISA granted, can i enter once in Sydney for a week and back to continue with my current job, unless i don't get suitable job there.
Yes you can. Most people make an initial entry to validate their VISA, then come back to their home country. Make sure your intial entry date is before the IED marked on your VISA.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can answer question 2 for you:
You only pay once you are asked to (at the final stage).
At the point, you can know that your application is approved and it's a matter of a week or two to get the grant after the payment is done.

Also, if your wife has studied in English, you can avoid that few thousands of dollars.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got invited on 7th May. As i know they select random application from EOI but i don't know whether it is closed now or still open

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Sukesh123 and Rico 20 for giving me quick reply. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
wrk exp

Hi guys,
im submitting visa application, i have doubt regarding work exp. How to mention current work exp as the application doesn't take work exp with blank end date. i can only enter an end date till todays date. What should I do??

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You enter today's date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts