Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just received my passport back today with my new Ancestry visa inside. I had an absolute panic for a moment when I noticed that it said its validity dates were 30/06/2015 - 30/07/2015, thinking that they meant to put 2020 on there instead. I just wanted to double check that the reason the visa only shows as valid until the 30th of July is because of this 30-day entry rule? I had put on my application form that I was re-entering the country on the 30th... if that's the case then they are definitely not in the game of giving any leeway by putting the 30 days before my entry date, rather than after!

Just to be sure, does this mean that the BRP I pick up will have the actual visa expiry date of 2020 in it? I'm pretty sure I've got it all sussed out but wanted to be sure as everything they do isn't always completely straight-forward.

Also, they didn't put anything on my first visa (which expires 01/08/15) about it now being invalid. I'm not sure if that matters or not but I thought someone had told me before that they'd put 'Invalid' over the visa stamp.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Can you clarify, you put your travel date as 30 June or July?

The 30 day vignette is a travel document giving you 30 days to enter the UK. Once you have entered you have 10 days to pick up your BRP. The BRP contains all the visa details. When you travel out of the country you must carry both your passport and BRP for re entry. There is a sticky at the top of the page with links with more information.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had put my travel date as the 30th of July. I guess I expected them to put the 30 available days from 30th July - 30th August, rather than have my intended travel date as the last available date to enter the country, but luckily won't be an issue as that's the day my flight arrives in the UK.

That's fine. That's what I figured, just wanted someone to confirm that for me. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
That does seem like a reasonable assumption. We weren't sure how they were going to deal with the planned travel date so it looks like they are making it your last day to travel rather than your 1st. Thanks for clarifying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.