Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again :)
I would just like to make few things more clear,
1. After me and my fiance get married, I understand we will need to apply for a spouse visa right after. Is it possible we get accepted for the fiance visa, but declined for the spouse? And in that case, does that mean I can't be with my partner, have to leave the UK, and everything we did was in vain?

2. Also, I understand the fee for the fiance visa is 850 pounds, and the fee for the spouse visa is the same. If I applied for the fiance visa first, does that mean I'll have to pay the full amount for the spouse visa? In other words, pay double?

3. Do we stand more chance to get accepted for the spouse visa if we were accepted for a fiance visa before? (Because I understand some people just get married in their non-EU partner's country and apply for spouse from there.)

4. And one last question, say our application gets refused and we're allowed an appeal, say our appeal gets refused. Are we allowed to apply again?

Thats all.
Sorry again for the tons of questions.. you guys are super helpul.:)

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Hello again :)
I would just like to make few things more clear,
1. After me and my fiance get married, I understand we will need to apply for a spouse visa right after. Is it possible we get accepted for the fiance visa, but declined for the spouse? And in that case, does that mean I can't be with my partner, have to leave the UK, and everything we did was in vain?
It's always possible as no application is guaranteed to succeed. Though most get granted. You have the right of appeal, and while you wait for it to be heard (there is a long backlog), you can stay but cannot work.

2. Also, I understand the fee for the fiance visa is 850 pounds, and the fee for the spouse visa is the same. If I applied for the fiance visa first, does that mean I'll have to pay the full amount for the spouse visa? In other words, pay double?
Slightly less if you apply by post but basically, yes. Getting married abroad and obtaining spouse visa would have eliminated having to apply again.

3. Do we stand more chance to get accepted for the spouse visa if we were accepted for a fiance visa before? (Because I understand some people just get married in their non-EU partner's country and apply for spouse from there.)
If you met the three main criteria of finance, accommodation and relationship, then, unless there has been a major change in circumstance (like the sponsor losing their job or you become homeless), you would expect FLR(M) to be successful.

4. And one last question, say our application gets refused and we're allowed an appeal, say our appeal gets refused. Are we allowed to apply again?
Yes, but you will have to leave UK and apply from your home country.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.