Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm finding this forum very useful while sorting out a UK visa but I have a specific question I was hoping someone might be able to answer.

I am English and my husband is Argentinian. We are planning to apply for a visa for him to join me as a family member in the UK.
Our plan is to go to the UK (we are currently together in Argentina) where he will stay a few months then return to Argentina but I will stay there permanently working. Then once I have 6 months worth of pay-slips (earning over £18,600 a year) my husband will apply for his visa.

Our concern is this. In the information about documents needed it mentions that the person applying also needs to provide 6 months worth of pay-slips and "a letter from his employer, on company headed paper, confirming that he has been given time off and whether this time is paid or unpaid".
Does he definitely need pay-slips from a job in Argentina?
Will it be a problem if he has had two different jobs or had a period of not working?
And why would he need confirmation of getting time of work if he is applying to settle in the UK (and therefore leave his work permanently)?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as we're very confused.
Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
no its the sponsor who has to show most of the documents (you)..my wife just got her spouse visa yesterday, we applied in manila ...these are the document we supplied.. the applicant is your husband.

Applicant Information

Visa4uk online application
Vaf4a financial requirements
Current passport (married name)
Old passport (maiden name)
nso birth certificate
nso marriage certificate
nso crs form no.5 - advisory on marriage certificate
Passport photos x 2
English test certificate
TB test certificate
Joint bank account statement
NBI clearance certificate

Sponsor Information

Sponsors support / timeline letter
Contract of employment/job offer
Employment reference letter
uk birth certificate
Certified copy of current passport (bio page and all stamps)
old passport
Sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12

Accommodation

Mortgage statement(1x1year)
Land registry document
Property floor plan/ house brochure
Council tax statement
Gas, electric Utilities bills
selection of house photos
voting registration card

genuine and subsisting relationship.

Apartment contract of lease (in joint names)
Hotel booking confirmation intercontinental manila
Cebu pacific airlines tickets to Bangkok (joint names)
Hotel bookings Thailand (avois)
Hotel booking Subic Bay (joint names)
Pictures (wedding, christening, birthdays)
Cards (Christmas, birthday, valentines)
Postal receipts from uk
embassy appointments booking(joint names)
Flight tickets and boarding passes
Money transfer receipts (western union, azimo)
philhealth letter (all family names and address listed)
Email screen shots
Viper messenger print out
iphone imessage /facetime screenshots
uk/nso certified birth certificates (scan only)
Cable bill (my name only)
Selection of email hotel booking
Metro bank paying slips (joint names)
2 x children british passport scan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Question about Spouse visa

Thanks for the quick reply. And congratulations on getting the visa accepted!!!
So am I right in thinking that the applicant does not have provide pay-slips or bank statements? Just the sponsor right?
Just one more thing - what is the timeline letter you mention under Sponsor Information?

·
Super Moderator
18,058 Posts
There is a question on the application about whether the applicant is employed. If he is, then he should provide evidence that he is such as a pay slip and bank statement. It has no impact on the financial requirement.

You should write a letter of sponsorship which outlines your relationship, common interests and plans for the future.

The above poster has quite a lot of unnecessary documents so I wouldn't use that as a template for your own application.

When you are ready, post a document checklist and we will let you know whether you are missing anything or have included unnecessary things.

·
Registered
29 Posts
you say there's a lot of unnecessary documents, which I do agree...but we added them for our peace of mind!! for the last 50 day, I have wonder if should add this document or that document. but we left several of the list and when we got to vfs they asked to send these to the embassy

vfs asked us to add these documents....later

birth certificates sponsor
2x uk and filipino children's birth certificate's traveling
2x filipino children's birth certificate's not traveling
2x children uk passports
nbi clearance(police report)

will

·
Super Moderator
18,058 Posts
VFS doesn't process the applications. Sponsor and applicant birth certificates are unnecessary. Police report is unnecessary.

Not needed:

Floor plan
Utility bills
House photos
Voter registration
Cards
Postal receipts
Money transfer receipts
Hotel bookings
Cable bill

Did you live together?

·
Registered
29 Posts
no we don't live together... we booked the VIP premium lounge service, and girls went through all our documents, they told us the list above should be there, and when we get back email them to the british embassy on [email protected]. the funny thing was they told me my old passport was not required, we instated that was included as it had all my stamps on it.

will

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.