Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Me and my husband are applying for PR-me primary applicant and husband is on dependant. My question is does he need to give IELTS. I have read somewhere that if dependant has studied throughout Eng medium and you can show proof of that then its not required. Can someone please confirm?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hi,

Me and my husband are applying for PR-me primary applicant and husband is on dependant. My question is does he need to give IELTS. I have read somewhere that if dependant has studied throughout Eng medium and you can show proof of that then its not required. Can someone please confirm?
yes, if spouse has studied in English medium it is not required for him/her to write IELTS. I confirmed this with my agent.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have also confirmed with few but there is no mention in immi.gov website. That's why I'm confused. Is anyone here who have successfully passed through the same ?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have also confirmed with few but there is no mention in immi.gov website. That's why I'm confused. Is anyone here who have successfully passed through the same ?
You need a letter from your Husband's university confirming that he studied his graduation course in English. This should be enough to satisfy DIAC.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hello rujutaraval,

This has been confirmed and evidenced in DIAC website. Reference is below, please see the 4th bullet point.

Functional English

Your spouse has three options.

1) Score 4.5 in English General Test

2) Pay English training fees as second installment (I guess its around 4500 AUD, not sure exactly how much now, please check DIAC website) if your spouse do not want to take IELTS and also haven't done any English instructed qualification in India from recgonized university.

Good thing in this is, your spouse get some free tuition in Australia for English for sometime. Dark side is, 4500 AUD is a high amount in INR.

3) Provide the bonafide certificate from university, signed by principal/president of the university stating, your spouse has studied atleast 2 years of study in the university in so and so course instructed in English. It should have your spouse name clearly as in passport and college records, roll number, college address, phone number (desk and mobile) and address of university of the under signee, website of university.

I can provide you with a format. However, so many guys in our forum has gone through this style and have successfully got visa. If you like, you can go through some more threads by googling, in our expat forum where people have had got this letter, you can ping them in private and check for further assistance and guidance if you want.

yup - you need the certificate from university or college (better if from univ.)
That should state:
- roll/regn # etc
- name of the person.
- "medium of instruction was english"
- duration of course (course of 2 yr and above are valid)
- was a full time student.

This should be on a university/college letterhead. I would suggest you to get it from University and not college.

One more evidence from DIAC for you.

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hello rujutaraval,

This has been confirmed and evidenced in DIAC website. Reference is below, please see the 4th bullet point.

Functional English

2) Pay English training fees as second installment (I guess its around 4500 AUD, not sure exactly how much now, please check DIAC website) if your spouse do not want to take IELTS and also haven't done any English instructed qualification in India from recgonized university.

Good thing in this is, your spouse get some free tuition in Australia for English for sometime. Dark side is, 4500 AUD is a high amount in INR.

3) Provide the bonafide certificate from university, signed by principal/president of the university stating, your spouse has studied atleast 2 years of study in the university in so and so course instructed in English. It should have your spouse name clearly as in passport and college records, roll number, college address, phone number (desk and mobile) and address of university of the under signee, website of university.

I can provide you with a format. However, so many guys in our forum has gone through this style and have successfully got visa. If you like, you can go through some more threads by googling, in our expat forum where people have had got this letter, you can ping them in private and check for further assistance and guidance if you want.

yup - you need the certificate from university or college (better if from univ.)
That should state:
- roll/regn # etc
- name of the person.

This should be on a university/college letterhead. I would suggest you to get it from University and not college.

Best regards,
JR
I have googled some threads for you. Please follow with Mithu, he got grant on Monday.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au.../127742-spouse-english-proficiency-proof.html

I have also searched a model sample for you in google. Please ensure the certificate has all the parameters I said above and also as on the one like the below. On letterhead of university, signed by president/chancellor/controller of examinations like in our transcripts. It should also have date, and university seal.

4shared.com - free file sharing and storage - Document Preview - text

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello rujutaraval,

Functional English

That should state:
- roll/regn # etc
- name of the person.

Best regards,
JR
Got it. Thanks a lot for the detailed info.

·
Registered
470 Posts
OP you need to submit a "bonafide certificate" on official letterhead from your last collage / university / Institute stating Medium of Education was English.

Format :

BONAFIDE CERTIFICATE

This IS to certify that ___Name____, bearing University Registration No:______ is a bonafide student of __College/University Name__ for the __Degree/Diploma Program Name__ that commenced from__Year to Year _____.

It is further certified that the student is/had __pursuing/completed__the __Degree/Diploma Program Name___ course with English as medium of instruction.

Reactions: ddabral
1 - 8 of 8 Posts