Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I wanted to know what happens if quota for a particular occupation expires AFTER I have have received an invite for the same occupation. Basically once I receive an invite is a place blocked for me such that even if the quota expires there is no danger of me losing out?

Also I would like to know if there are any pros and cons of applying immediately after receiving the invite VS waiting for a month or 45 days (since the invite is valid for 60 days) except for the obvious fact of getting the grant early/ late. Are there any other advantages/ disadvantages? I am trying to arrange the money for the visa and was wondering if I should take it on a war footing or relax and arrange it in a months time .

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi dragonfly21,

once you have received an invite, you are good and cannot "lose" the slot (except if you choose to let the invitation lapse, of course).

Whether you apply on the day you receive the invite or on the last day it is valid does not have any consequences either. Pick the most convenient date for yourself.

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 3 of 3 Posts