Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I plan to apply for visa 189 and probably claim 5 points for partner skill.

At website, one of the requirements is: (partner) "had nominated an occupation on the same list of eligible skilled occupations as your nominated occupation".

Could anyone explain for me what the word " the same list" mean? I am under Software Engineer occupation and my partner's is Project Administrator. Can I get 5 points for partner skills assuming that assessment authority gives positive results for my partner?

Thank you very much.

Mike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all,

At website, one of the requirements is: (partner) "had nominated an occupation on the same list of eligible skilled occupations as your nominated occupation".

Could anyone explain for me what the word " the same list" mean? I am under Software Engineer occupation and my partner's is Project Administrator. Can I get 5 points for partner skills assuming that assessment authority gives positive results for my partner?

Thank you very much.

Mike.
My occupation Software Engineer is on MTLSSL list.

My partner's one Project Administrator is on combine list.

Can I get 5 points for partner skill? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My occupation Software Engineer is on MTLSSL list.

My partner's one Project Administrator is on combine list.

Can I get 5 points for partner skill? Thanks.
Hi,

Both of them should be on the same occupation. Only then you can claim points for spouse.

Regards,
Balaji K

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

Both of them should be on the same occupation. Only then you can claim points for spouse.

Regards,
Balaji K

Dear,

You missed the point i guess, its stated same list of occupation, not same occupation, i personally know people who got 5 points of partner, while the main applicant is Engineer and Wife is Doctor.

Best Of Luck

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Hi all,

Thank you very much.

Mike.
Has your wife skills already been assessed?
Does she have competent English ?
How important are the partner 5 points in your total points tally

Now coming to your question, many members before you have asked the same question, but I didn't find if anyone has received a concrete reply if MLTSSL and STSOL will be considered as same list.

I think they did not follow up aggressively on the forum as they may have realised that they also do not meet the other conditions like skills assessment and competent English etc. So decided to abandon the plans for claiming the points.

Cheers

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi,
If your occupation is on MTLSSL list, her occupation should be in the same MTLSSL list. See if there is anything close to her speciality.
For example - my husband's degree is Civil Engineer, but accordingly his work experience we had a choice to get assessment in VETASSESS as Project Manager or in EA as Civil Engineer.
May be for her you also have a choice

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has your wife skills already been assessed?
Does she have competent English ?
How important are the partner 5 points in your total points tally

Now coming to your question, many members before you have asked the same question, but I didn't find if anyone has received a concrete reply if MLTSSL and STSOL will be considered as same list.

I think they did not follow up aggressively on the forum as they may have realised that they also do not meet the other conditions like skills assessment and competent English etc. So decided to abandon the plans for claiming the points.

Cheers
Thanks all for reply.

Yes. her English is on band 7+.
I need 5 points from her as I have only 60. Just to make sure I can claim that 5 points before submitting for her skill assessment, which I believe she got high chance.

Dear,

You missed the point i guess, its stated same list of occupation, not same occupation, i personally know people who got 5 points of partner, while the main applicant is Engineer and Wife is Doctor.

Best Of Luck
Hi,
If your occupation is on MTLSSL list, her occupation should be in the same MTLSSL list. See if there is anything close to her speciality.
For example - my husband's degree is Civil Engineer, but accordingly his work experience we had a choice to get assessment in VETASSESS as Project Manager or in EA as Civil Engineer.
May be for her you also have a choice
Quite sad to know this as Pro Admin is only occupation that is close to her experience

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.