Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm from Germany and I'm thinking about moving to the Canary islands. The question I have is abou the NIE because from what I read you are supposed to have a job or pension to live there and get residency. In my case I would like to move there with my girlfriend and my parents would pay for everything. They would transfer me about 1500 Euros or however much is required. The question is, does that count as income because I'm still in my 20s and don't plan to work there but would want to rent an apartment, get internet etc. for months or years.

If anybody has some info, I would be thankful.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Hello,
I'm from Germany and I'm thinking about moving to the Canary islands. The question I have is abou the NIE because from what I read you are supposed to have a job or pension to live there and get residency. In my case I would like to move there with my girlfriend and my parents would pay for everything. They would transfer me about 1500 Euros or however much is required. The question is, does that count as income because I'm still in my 20s and don't plan to work there but would want to rent an apartment, get internet etc. for months or years.

If anybody has some info, I would be thankful.
You say you have a question about NIE but then talk about residency - two completely separate things.

1. NIE - you can get this as soon as you arrive (or even before you come). EX15 is the form.
  2. Residency certificate - within 90 days of arriving, you are obliged to get this from the extranjeria. You will need proof of sufficient income (about 700€ per person per month) and proof of private health care. You do NOT need a job or be a state pension (at least not on the mainland so I guess it's the same there).

I assume the 1500€ from your parents is per month? If so, then if you pay this into a Sabadell bank, then you will get free banking.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I understood you gotta get NIE to even rent an apartment and then you can get residentcy if you want to stay. That's why I mentioned both. By getting it before do you mean going to the Spanish embassy?
Yes per month, I forgot to add that and couldn't edit the post. So if I showed my bank account statement that my parents are transfering that money every month it would be fine as I understand? Great.
Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts