Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding the lodge of my application. If I include my wife and kid right now I have to pay about 6k, so should I lodge an application just for myself and add them later in the process or do I have to include them now?

G

·
It would be quicker to add them from the start rather than having the CO have to go back to start to assess them mudway through the process. Will cost the same anyway if you plan on adding them before grant.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be quicker to add them from the start rather than having the CO have to go back to start to assess them mudway through the process. Will cost the same anyway if you plan on adding them before grant.
I just dont know if the limit on my credit card will be enough to pay for the visa of the 3 of us. Also if I get my visa refused for any reason I would have "lost" 4 k instead of 6.

G

·
Yes, but if you get your visa then need to sponsor them it will cost you around $6000 to do so and take between 7-12 months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I had in mind was: lodge my application and if CO says my documentation is OK add them later. Would that be possible?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Meu amigo msiqueira,

I'll answer in English so other people can benefit from my answer.

You can call the credit card company and explain them the situation. Once, a long time ago, a similar situation happened to me, and what they did was to approve the charge but they charged me a small overdraft fee (R$ 45 if I am not mistaken). Well worthwhile. Or, a better solution, is call them, explain the situation, and ask them to raise your credit limit. I've done that recently. The bottom line is: CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. They will help you.

I hope that this information helps you.

PS: Could you get your diploma assessment? Mine came in last monday and I submited my EOI also on monday, and hoping to get invited on the 16/DEC round.

SNIPPED

Reactions: jre05

·
Registered
350 Posts
No problem, we can talk in private.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts