Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are working with a company in AD and want to leave within your probation period, will you get a labour ban? If so, can you pay to lift the ban and work for another company in Dubai? Also what exactly is the difference between labour ban and company ban? Are they not the same thing? TIA.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you are working with a company in AD and want to leave within your probation period, will you get a labour ban? If so, can you pay to lift the ban and work for another company in Dubai? Also what exactly is the difference between labour ban and company ban? Are they not the same thing? TIA.
In my experience, yes you would receive a ban automatically from the Ministry of Labour. I think the ban used to be GCC wide, not sure about this though, however I am pretty sure you would be banned from working in Dubai also.

I have heard that you can pay to lift the ban, however when I went through this and looked at it, no one could confirm this so I am a little suspicious as to whether it is possible.

Luckily, I ended up joining a freezone company and, as they have different laws to onshore companies, their residence permit application does not need approval from Ministry of Labour hence the ban is not enforced.

I would say look into things and consider your move very carefully as it can be an extremely stressful and unpleasant experience.

Hope this helps......

Good luck :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.