Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that when you are a permanent resident and not a US citizent, you can't work at the US Goverment.
What exactly that mean? Which sections of job are sonsidered as ''US Goverment''?
Will, as a Clinical Lab Scientist, be able to work for example in a hospital or a lab while being a permanent resident?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I've read that when you are a permanent resident and not a US citizent, you can't work at the US Goverment.
What exactly that mean? Which sections of job are sonsidered as ''US Goverment''?
Will, as a Clinical Lab Scientist, be able to work for example in a hospital or a lab while being a permanent resident?
The individual job descriptions will give you amongst other requirements "US citizen" or not. As rule of thumb you will not be able to work government related jobs or programs being funded by government grants.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response.
In your opinion, will I have a big problem pursuing jobs in my field? Is the majority of this area funded by government grants?
I know I'm asking for something you might not know, but any information will help.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Thank you for the response.
In your opinion, will I have a big problem pursuing jobs in my field? Is the majority of this area funded by government grants?
I know I'm asking for something you might not know, but any information will help.
What answer do you expect using the information provided?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are most of these jobs government-funded? The majority of diagnostic labs, hospitals and research centers?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
A friend of me is a translator, permanent resident. He has a clearance for a certain level (also for government jobs), but he is not allowed at the level that requires the highest level of clearance.
So it depends on the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts