Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm a British citizen living in Australia. My husband and I are hoping to move to the UK in January 2016. As my husband is not a UK citizen, he will be applying for a settlement visa.

I intend to use category A to meet the financial criteria, which involves my previous income in Australia and a confirmed job offer in the UK (start date within three months of entering).

I've tried to find some additional information about the job offer on the UK Visa website and advice forums with little success. I've also emailed the UK Visa service with my question. But I'm hoping someone here might also be able to help!

My questions are:

Am I under any obligation to actually take up the job offer once I'm in the UK?

Am I under any obligation to take up ANY work within three months of entering the UK?

I ask because my husband and I are planning a four month trip to South America. We were originally going to apply for the visa, fly from Australia to SA, and then straight onto the UK after four months of travel. But the three-month timeframe for applying for a visa and then entering the country makes this impossible.

Now, we're looking at entering the UK on January 10, then heading off to South America around January 15th. We'd be arriving back in the UK in Mid May.

The job offer I intend to submit is genuine, with a start date within three months of entering. But it is also very flexible. I intend to secure work as soon as I return to the UK in Mid May.

Obviously if not taking up a job offer jeopardises my husband's visa, we'll have to reassess our plans.

Any advice you can provide would be much appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.