Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People!

I recently got a positive assessment from Vet and I am planning to apply for SA SS. But, for some reason, I have some negative feeling about. Please help me here.

Don't know, for some reason, I feel that the job market is not very good in SA. I tried doing some basic research and I found that SA (Adelaide) has lowest number of jobs for my occupation, "Recruitment Consultant". I found WA to have more job openings compared to SA.

I am in a situation where I can apply for either WA o SA. Both states have some clauses attached to it. For WA, I need a job offer for me to get a visa grant. For SA, I have to either have had worked or studied in SA or have immediate relatives. Unfortunately, I don't meet any of these. I know most of you are or may be in a similar situation.

I am planning to apply for SA SS anyway, hoping that occupations will open up next month. There's a lot of talk going around about that. But the fact that there is a lot of job scarcity in SA, I feel it's RISKY move. I may be wrong, please correct me if that is so.

It would be great if senior members and expats settled in SA would comment on this please.

The only other option I have is to get SA Invite, migrate and try my best to find jobs (which I can afford for few months). But in worst case scenario, I would be left with no option but to jump states and find job else where. I know it's a moral obligation and not advisable but when I come to that point, I may have to take a decision. Can some one also please comment on what may happen if I decide to jump states? Honestly, I have no plans of doing it and this would be last option. What action does a state take if I disobey the moral commitment. What are the short term and long term effects of jumping states (with or without state permission).

Please cheer me up guys... I need encouraging replies which would help me get over my negativity and keep me optimistic.

Thanks All!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Regarding moving out of your Nominated State refer to the following thread end-to-end.

jumping states & other stuff

Hello People!

I recently got a positive assessment from Vet and I am planning to apply for SA SS. But, for some reason, I have some negative feeling about. Please help me here.

Don't know, for some reason, I feel that the job market is not very good in SA. I tried doing some basic research and I found that SA (Adelaide) has lowest number of jobs for my occupation, "Recruitment Consultant". I found WA to have more job openings compared to SA.

I am in a situation where I can apply for either WA o SA. Both states have some clauses attached to it. For WA, I need a job offer for me to get a visa grant. For SA, I have to either have had worked or studied in SA or have immediate relatives. Unfortunately, I don't meet any of these. I know most of you are or may be in a similar situation.

I am planning to apply for SA SS anyway, hoping that occupations will open up next month. There's a lot of talk going around about that. But the fact that there is a lot of job scarcity in SA, I feel it's RISKY move. I may be wrong, please correct me if that is so.

It would be great if senior members and expats settled in SA would comment on this please.

The only other option I have is to get SA Invite, migrate and try my best to find jobs (which I can afford for few months). But in worst case scenario, I would be left with no option but to jump states and find job else where. I know it's a moral obligation and not advisable but when I come to that point, I may have to take a decision. Can some one also please comment on what may happen if I decide to jump states? Honestly, I have no plans of doing it and this would be last option. What action does a state take if I disobey the moral commitment. What are the short term and long term effects of jumping states (with or without state permission).

Please cheer me up guys... I need encouraging replies which would help me get over my negativity and keep me optimistic.

Thanks All!

·
Registered
58 Posts
With the current situation for your occupation, the only option is to wait until 1st July and then apply as per the situation then...Best luck !!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot Jeeten,

I have referred to that thread already. I am more interested to find out the current job market situation in South Australia. May any members who are currently working in Adelaide or any other place in South Australia can comment on this please.

Thanks a lot anyway Jeeten. Appreciate your help!

Regarding moving out of your Nominated State refer to the following thread end-to-end.

jumping states & other stuff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts