Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a premium appointment next week applying for my FLR(M). I am having to get a new letter from my employer because the original one they sent lacked a lot of information.
My husband and I are combining our incomes to meet the requirements in Cat. A and I have a few questions.
My husband is in salaried employment (paid 4-Weekly) and I am in non-salaried employment (also paid 4-Weekly). My question is, how do I calculate my gross annual income? I am contracted 20hrs per week (7.25 an hour) but work a lot of overtime. Do I calculate it without overtime incorporated?
Also, since the minimum wage increase in April, we're not exactly sure how much my husband is salaried for. We can't seem to find the letter that stated what his pay was increased to and his employers are being less than helpful. Is there a way to calculate his salary using his payslips?

Also, I read somewhere that salaried and non-salaried employment cannot be combined, is this true?
Thank you for any help you can give. I really appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Hello,

I have a premium appointment next week applying for my FLR(M). I am having to get a new letter from my employer because the original one they sent lacked a lot of information.
My husband and I are combining our incomes to meet the requirements in Cat. A and I have a few questions.
My husband is in salaried employment (paid 4-Weekly) and I am in non-salaried employment (also paid 4-Weekly). My question is, how do I calculate my gross annual income? I am contracted 20hrs per week (7.25 an hour) but work a lot of overtime. Do I calculate it without overtime incorporated?
For unsalaried you add up your contracted pay over the last 6 months, divide by 6 and multiply by 12. For your overtime, you add that up over the last 6 months, divide by 6 and multiply by 12. Add the 2 figures together.

Also, since the minimum wage increase in April, we're not exactly sure how much my husband is salaried for. We can't seem to find the letter that stated what his pay was increased to and his employers are being less than helpful. Is there a way to calculate his salary using his payslips?

For salaried you take the lowest payslip and multiple by 12 so his increase will not be taken into consideration.

Also, I read somewhere that salaried and non-salaried employment cannot be combined, is this true?
No. Add your unsalaried calculations to his salaried calculations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it.

I also want to ask, just because my husband is being insistent, do they always multiply is by 12? My husband says that because he gets paid 4-Weekly he gets paid 13 times a year. So if we multiplied his wage by 12 it would come out to lower than his actual salary. I am just worried about the numbers not adding up (his letter of employment says £17,200- what his salary is x13). It won't be a problem to get a new letter from his employers with the amended salary if we've been working it out wrong.

Also, a quick question about accommodation requirements. We lived with his parents a large majority of the time and therefore didn't get many government issued letters. I have a few (GP, Bank Statements and Pensions and only the bank statements are joint). Is it a big sticking point that we can't send other letters in (example: parking ticket letter, letter from Littlewoods about account registry ext). I am just nervous about not having enough space between 'official' letters.

Thank you again for your reply, and I apologise for so many questions/ long post(s).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have another question, any help would be appreciated. Does my husbands employment letter need to be stamped? His company doesn't have a stamp nor do they have a letterhead (fairly new to the UK) and I am now nervous that the letter won't look authentic enough.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
#1 In that case you multiply by 13.
#2 Just provide what you have, complying with the requirement of 6 joint pieces of evidence or 12 individual, or a mixture of the two, from at least 3 separate sources, over the last 30 months.
#3 Perhaps a letter of authentication signed by senior company officer?

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
It should really be on company letterhead, if possible. Otherwise it doesn't really look too authentic. At very least the manager should put their full contact details, including postal address. The ECO could possibly take issue with the business's authenticity, but it's impossible to supply what you don't have, so just do your best and give the ECO enough information to research the business

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.