Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a Canadian, currently attending Canadian College, I am planning to go to Australia to get my degree once I am finished here in Canada, which will only take me about a year in Australia.

By receiving a degree from an Australian education institution (Griffith University - Bachelor of Communications) is there anyway I could apply for a permanent resident visa or any kind of visa from Australia to stay indefinitely?

Or would I receive additional consideration because I have an Australian qualification? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hello,

I am a Canadian, currently attending Canadian College, I am planning to go to Australia to get my degree once I am finished here in Canada, which will only take me about a year in Australia.

By receiving a degree from an Australian education institution (Griffith University - Bachelor of Communications) is there anyway I could apply for a permanent resident visa or any kind of visa from Australia to stay indefinitely?

Or would I receive additional consideration because I have an Australian qualification? Any help would be great.
To qualify for permanent residency (175) you will need to have either 1 year of work experience, OR 2 years of study in Australia.

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

I believe once you have finished your studies you can apply for another kind of visa which gives you 18 months to stay and work in AU, allowing you to gain that experience needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts